Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so lately I've been getting spider bites almost daily. I found two more today and even more weird is all the bites are on the same leg(right).

two new ones, reddening is starting to get bigger just like my first one that is finally going away.
oct222008vid000041vh7.jpg

this one swelled up and got really red and hurt during my jiu jitsu classes and was wondering if it can get infected from training on the mat.
oct222008vid000051hr1.jpg

here's the first one I got on the back of my calf under near the knee
oct222008vid000061bn7.jpg

so yeah.. I'm not planning on sleeping in my bed for a while.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, well. Gross.

I got a spiderbite a couple of years ago (I think), and I had the best reaction ever. I got big bumpy areas all over my body (like big raised up plateaus) and of course they itched. Constantly. It started with a small rash-like area on my torso and it just exploded to my arms and hands and legs and all. It was unpleasant as hell.

And by the next morning, it was all gone.
ohmy.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duuuuuude >.< Not good.
Looks like it's time for some home pest control.
I've never had to handle a spider infestation, but the major pesticide manufacturer's products usually do a number on them. (Combat, Raid, Black Flag)
Spray all around the outer edge of your mattress with something that claims to be a "pest barrier" and your bed ought to be reasonably spider-free. Moreso if you keep it away from the wall (in case that's how they're getting to you)

Best of luck, man.

*schivur* I Hate f***ing spiders.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those pictures are known fakes from forever ago.
tongue.gif
'
I mean they're real but not from spider bites!

I did extensive research when I caught a brown recluse in my apartment a long time ago.

Those pictures have been circulating falsely as spider bites!

But a brown recluse will mess you up royally!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Devante said:
tongue.gif
'

I did extensive research when I caught a brown recluse in my apartment a long time ago.

It hasn't been disproven.

Real or not, it never hurts to be safe. I say kill the motherf*$#ers on sight!

*EDIT*
A more credible site.

Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
Devante said:
tongue.gif
'

It hasn't been disproven.

Real or not, it never hurts to be safe. I say kill the motherf*$#ers on sight!

I think they bite me at night, I can't even tell when it happens since I don't feel it.

Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so it turns out the first 2 became infected...I went to the hospital friday to get it checked out and they gave me a painful shot in the hip and a tetanus shot in the arm and prescription medicine. ended up still being swollen the next day and hurt to bend my knee but I went into work anyway and went back to the hospital that night where they admitted me and hooked me up to an iv(didn't think it would hurt but it took them like 2 minutes to get it in while drawing blood and injecting stuff in it then it constantly hurt everyday) for 3 days. released this morning now I can bend and walk on my leg with no problem but have a new prescription and have to return to draw blood in a week. i didn't think a bite could be this serious

drizzt8886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how you feel man they suck. It takes forever for them to heal for me.

poisonbitebj7.jpg

poisonbiteclosesc8.jpg

These pictures were taken about a month later and they still only oozed pus no blood. I don't even feel them anymore. When I first was bitten I was really sick and didn't even notice the bite for about three days. It looked like a boil except when I popped it the bite was about a half to a full inch down into my leg and full of yellowish white pus. now I have a huge round scar on my leg that is really noticeable.

Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drizzt8886 said:
I know how you feel man they suck. It takes forever for them to heal for me.

poisonbitebj7.jpg

poisonbiteclosesc8.jpg

These pictures were taken about a month later and they still only oozed pus no blood. I don't even feel them anymore. When I first was bitten I was really sick and didn't even notice the bite for about three days. It looked like a boil except when I popped it the bite was about a half to a full inch down into my leg and full of yellowish white pus. now I have a huge round scar on my leg that is really noticeable.

wow did you ever go to the hospital for them? it still looks pretty bad, looks like one of mine right now actually. I didn't really notice my bites for a couple of days either then when I did I figured it would just go away on its own and it wasnt a big problem. when the doctor popped mine in the hospital it hurt like hell, he kept squeezing all the blood and puss out of both. ill probably have 4 scars from these damn things on my leg now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise