Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Map editor: https://mega.co.nz/#!2s5BDJTD!rgjqceDxkrnQZf56L-IZbg1E0hWTpvTH89eZ-9PaX_M
And now for some things I would suggest you to use
Powersaves- in case you brick your game which is (i think) when your game won't load and says there is an error. You can't inject a working file if this happens, but Powersaves restores backups to the cart, so you never need to get in-game
Physical cart- Powersaves only works on this
If you use a digital copy for minor hacks, that's fine. But don't edit the cliff with the waterfall going to the beach to make an island, the game won't work then. If you are going to make a map edit and are not sure if it will work, ask. I learned this the hard way, I bricked 2 save files, had to start all over.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Things I'm gonna try :

-Change the island tours : X
-Move the big waterfall / place multiple waterfalls
-Change the TPC birth date, registration date and dream code (to be able to visit your own dream)
-Change game's region : ~
-Change the island map, place PWP/houses there
-Add best friends in the ram

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to relocating your plaza: I discovered all events are tied to the COBBLESTONE acre, not to the Plaza Tree itself (the event plaza is two separate pieces -- the plaza tile / ground itself, and the plaza tree).

Wherever you move the PLAZA COBBLESTONE acre via the Map Editor, that is where the events and vendor tents will now take place (including things like Hide and Seek!), REGARDLESS of where your Plaza Tree is (which also has to be moved separately through the RAM editor). I thought they were going to be tried to the tree, but it's actually tied to the ground. This is true regardless of which plaza cobblestone you use, even if you changed it from the one you had prior.

The location of your plaza tree has no effect on events. Also, it doesn't seem to be required to be on the corresponding cobblestone tile. By that I mean, you can have your plaza tree anywhere, separate from the plaza cobblestone -- of course it makes more sense to have it in the middle of the cobblestone, but it's not necessary. My tree is currently sitting in the middle of a lake, under water, several tiles away, and I'm still able to play hide-and-seek and visit the plaza vendors on the cobblestone tile. I've been too lazy to move it yet while I work on the development permit in this new town. It hasn't affected anything at all while I do things / talk to villagers / play games.

I haven't tested removing the plaza entirely, but I assume this would a) prevent the game from loading or b) at least prevent you from experiencing events related to the plaza.

Reactions: MasterLel

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changing Your Town's Fruit Type / Native Fruit

This change currently requires hex editing through a hex editor (I'm using HxD Hex Editor). If you don't know how to hex edit, you might do a little research first.

That said...

NATIVE FRUIT IS MODIFIABLE AT 0X5C7B6

tumblr_nl6hu1GQbt1r9tg4oo1_540.png

This is for the apple.
[ credit to sopheroo for locating offset ]

I've determined the remaining fruit byte identifiers, and they are as follows:

01 = apples as native fruit
02 = oranges as native fruit
03 = pears as native fruit
04 = peaches as native fruit
05 = cherries as native fruit

(That order also mathematically explains the probability of getting apples or cherries as your town fruit when generating a town. Ugh.)

I also confirmed that changing your native fruit in the HEX also changes your native fruit in the dialogue with all NPCs and characters; even if changed at the very beginning of the game when you are still talking to Isabelle about advice for living in town. If changed before you talk to Isabelle about the town native fruit, she will indeed state that the new fruit is the town fruit. So, town fruit can be changed at any time without any ill effect I have found.

Changing your native fruit type DOES NOT CHANGE ALL OF YOUR TOWN TREES TO THAT FRUIT. So, say you just started your town and you have peaches and want cherries. If you change your native fruit type to cherries, the change WILL go through. Everyone will now acknowledge that the town fruit is cherries. However, all of your peach trees in town will REMAIN peach trees (and yes, if one of them has the perfect peach on it, that tree will remain with the original perfect peach on it as well, and you can shake the tree and harvest the perfect peach if you wish -- however, planting the perfect peach would now cause it to produce a normal peach tree). You must now manually cut down all the peach trees and replace them with cherry trees if you want cherries to be your new fruit trees. Once you change your native fruit to cherries, however, you can plant perfect cherries at will and they will grow into perfect cherry trees as they should. All other fruits will grow into normal fruit trees.

Reactions: matrix

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
How to change the TPC region (reset after reloads) :

So I found how to change the tpc region just for fun, it's not permanent.

1) Open your hex editor and open your ram file in it
2) Go at the offset 000055F2
3) This byte is the town map card region, but the game is configured so that it will, after every reloads, check the console region and then update the town pass region. So you can not permanetly change it this way, impossible.
4) Replace that byte with another one, 00 for no region, 01 for Japan, 4D for France, etc
5) Save and inject the same day (day in-game) you've dumped the ram file (so it won't trigger the new day reloading)
6) ??????
7) Profit

1427307427-gdfgsdfqsqqqq.png

CodyMKW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to change the town name?

I found this I guessed was the town name I changed it but nothing changed ingame so apperently it isn't?
buRgddD.jpg

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, house editing time. I showed what I did to get the golden exterior on a house earlier, now I'm getting in more detail concerning full exterior editing. At the time being, I haven't researched interior (room size) editing. Maybe I'll check how it works this weekend, maybe not. Depends how I feel.

tumblr_nlq2d381c91r9tg4oo1_400.jpg

This is the house I'm working with today. It's my player 2's house, but it works with any house (I successfully edited my player 3's house to test)

House properties are 2 loops of 9 bits, which are in order

- House size
- House shape
- Door shape
- House color
- Roof color
- Door model
- Fence
- Pavement
- Mailbox

Unlike other items modifier, who use item values, the changes are done with the hex values of the items in Tom Nook's shop. This is because the roof, mailbox, fences and such do not officially exist as items. However, it makes it easy to remember how to change things.

To know the hex values for each item, I used Marc's hex editor, in the unused item section.

tumblr_nlq2zhdWYY1r9tg4oo1_250.png

Each category starts again at 00. I just calculated everything using this list.

Knowing that my basic house over here has

- A size 2 exterior (It's slightly bigger than the size 1) = 02
- Mansion shaped (Every house is mansion unless you changed the size after fully expanding, which I obviously didn't do) = 00
- Arched door = 00
- Brick exterior (Which is the default for new houses) = 00
- Blue roof. According to the list, the blue roof has a value of 20. = 20
- Basic door = 00
- Hedge fence = 03

I forgot which pavement I had, but I remembered I had the basic mailbox, so I needed to find a hex string who was pretty much 02 00 00 00 20 00 03 ? 00

I searched with ctrl+f and I got

tumblr_nlq2zhdWYY1r9tg4oo2_540.png

A matching string. As you can see, you can see both consecutive loops there. You need to edit both for changes to stick. Otherwise, the changes will go away at 6am.

I'm going to keep the exterior size and shape the way it is. So, bits 0x590ac and 0x590ad, as well as the loop on 0x590b5 and 0x590b6 are staying the same.

I'm going to change the door shape for rectangular, though. The bit value for the door shape is binary. It's either rectangular (01) or it's not (00) So, I'm going to change bits 0x590ae and the looping on 0x590b7 for a 01, instead of 00

Then, I chose the garden exterior. According to Marc's list, the garden exterior's value is 16. Gotta change bit 0x590af's values of 00 to 16, so that I can have the proper exterior. Obviously, you need to change bit 0x590xb8 as well. Always change both bits. Always.

Next is the roof. I'm going for the mint fairy-tale roof, which has a value of 1b. So, going to replace my blue roof's value of 20 for my other roof at bits 0x590b0 and 0x590b9

Doing the same with the door, switching the bits at 0x590b1 and 0x590ba for 0d instead of 00 and ta-da! Green door! Since I chose earlier to have a rectangular door, the door will be rectangular. All doors, except for the golden door, come in both shapes.

I'm keeping my hedge and my pavement, so no change on bits 0x590b2 and 0x590b3 // 0x590bb and 0x590bc

Finally, the white mailbox is much cuter than the default one, so I just go and change bits 0x590b4 and 0x590bd from 00 to 08.

Meaning

tumblr_nlq2zhdWYY1r9tg4oo3_r1_540.png

My values for the house exterior are now this.

Time to push them, so that I can have a pretty house!

tumblr_nlq4x7BklU1r9tg4oo1_400.jpg

I gave the coordinates for the mayor's house earlier, here they are again.

Again, the ones above are for the second player, but if you want to edit for another player, here are the informations. For more details concerning what I did to edit the mayor's house, all of my work is on page 59.

Here are the coordinates and the example I used to get the above result.

tumblr_nlne865AYe1r9tg4oo1_400.png

@ 0x057e84 & 0x057e8d : 01 = smallest size of house

@ 0x057e85 & 0x057e8e : 00 = mansion size

@ 0x057e86 & 0x057e8f : 00 = arched door

@ 0x057e87 & 0x057e90 : 1f = golden exterior

@ 0x057e88 & 0x057e91 : 1f = golden roof

@ 0x057e89 & 0x057e92 : 15 = golden door

@ 0x057e8a & 0x057e93 : 16 = golden fence

@ 0x057e8b & 0x057e94 : 04 = square pavement

@ 0x057e8c & 0x057e95 : 06 = golden mailbox

I think the house editing for Player 2 starts at 0x590ac and for Player 3, starts at 0x5a2d4. I will confirm these tomorrow, after I get a couple hours of shut-eye.

Reactions: Goshi and Cey

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
How to change names / town names :

1) Open HxD (or any other hex editor) and then open your acnlram.bin file in it

2) Go to Search > Replace

3) In the "Search for" field, type your exact actual name in hexadecimal, if it's Chris, it would be 43 68 72 69 73
But you have to add nullbytes after each bytes of letters to separate them, so you have to type 43 00 68 00 72 00 69 00 73
This is an example, put your own values.

Important note : 00 are nullbytes, you have to add nullbytes to equalize the size of the values. If you don't equalize the values size, it will change the file size, and then all the offsets locations are messed up and your file is destroyed. If it asks you to change the file size, say no and add nullbytes, else you know what will happen.

If your name is "Heey" and your want to replace it to "Helloo", you have to put nullbytes at the hex value of "Heey", because "Heey" is the smaller word and contain 4 letters, but "Helloo" containts 6 letters, it's not equal.

If you add 2 nullbytes at "Heey", it will become "Heey**" (lets say ** are invisible), the length is now 6 just like in the word "Helloo", so they are equal, because 6 = 6

Example :
1427051771-dsfsdfssr.png

4) Still in the Replace tab, this time in the "Replace with" field, you type here your desired name the same way as above.

Let's say our name is Chris (43 00 68 00 72 00 69 00 73), we want Elvis (45 00 6C 00 76 00 69 00 73), so we put "45 00 6C 00 76 00 69 00 73" in this field. This is an example, put your own values. Add nullbytes if needed, don't forget what I said in the spoiler.

5) Set the datatype as "Hex-values", Check "All" for the search direction, uncheck "Prompt on replace", then click "Replace all"

6) ???????

7) Profit

It's the same process if you want to do it for the town name.

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Island tours list seems to not be in the ram file...
I changed the day to change the tours, then injected an old ram file, they are still the same tours.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, house editing time. I showed what I did to get the golden exterior on a house earlier, now I'm getting in more detail concerning full exterior editing. At the time being, I haven't researched interior (room size) editing. Maybe I'll check how it works this weekend, maybe not. Depends how I feel.

tumblr_nlq2d381c91r9tg4oo1_400.jpg

This is the house I'm working with today. It's my player 2's house, but it works with any house (I successfully edited my player 3's house to test)

House properties are 2 loops of 9 bits, which are in order

- House size
- House shape
- Door shape
- House color
- Roof color
- Door model
- Fence
- Pavement
- Mailbox

Unlike other items modifier, who use item values, the changes are done with the hex values of the items in Tom Nook's shop. This is because the roof, mailbox, fences and such do not officially exist as items. However, it makes it easy to remember how to change things.

To know the hex values for each item, I used Marc's hex editor, in the unused item section.

tumblr_nlq2zhdWYY1r9tg4oo1_250.png

Each category starts again at 00. I just calculated everything using this list.

Knowing that my basic house over here has

- A size 2 exterior (It's slightly bigger than the size 1) = 02
- Mansion shaped (Every house is mansion unless you changed the size after fully expanding, which I obviously didn't do) = 00
- Arched door = 00
- Brick exterior (Which is the default for new houses) = 00
- Blue roof. According to the list, the blue roof has a value of 20. = 20
- Basic door = 00
- Hedge fence = 03

I forgot which pavement I had, but I remembered I had the basic mailbox, so I needed to find a hex string who was pretty much 02 00 00 00 20 00 03 ? 00

I searched with ctrl+f and I got

tumblr_nlq2zhdWYY1r9tg4oo2_540.png

A matching string. As you can see, you can see both consecutive loops there. You need to edit both for changes to stick. Otherwise, the changes will go away at 6am.

I'm going to keep the exterior size and shape the way it is. So, bits 0x590ac and 0x590ad, as well as the loop on 0x590b5 and 0x590b6 are staying the same.

I'm going to change the door shape for rectangular, though. The bit value for the door shape is binary. It's either rectangular (01) or it's not (00) So, I'm going to change bits 0x590ae and the looping on 0x590b7 for a 01, instead of 00

Then, I chose the garden exterior. According to Marc's list, the garden exterior's value is 16. Gotta change bit 0x590af's values of 00 to 16, so that I can have the proper exterior. Obviously, you need to change bit 0x590xb8 as well. Always change both bits. Always.

Next is the roof. I'm going for the mint fairy-tale roof, which has a value of 1b. So, going to replace my blue roof's value of 20 for my other roof at bits 0x590b0 and 0x590b9

Doing the same with the door, switching the bits at 0x590b1 and 0x590ba for 0d instead of 00 and ta-da! Green door! Since I chose earlier to have a rectangular door, the door will be rectangular. All doors, except for the golden door, come in both shapes.

I'm keeping my hedge and my pavement, so no change on bits 0x590b2 and 0x590b3 // 0x590bb and 0x590bc

Finally, the white mailbox is much cuter than the default one, so I just go and change bits 0x590b4 and 0x590bd from 00 to 08.

Meaning

tumblr_nlq2zhdWYY1r9tg4oo3_r1_540.png

My values for the house exterior are now this.

Time to push them, so that I can have a pretty house!

tumblr_nlq4x7BklU1r9tg4oo1_400.jpg

I gave the coordinates for the mayor's house earlier, here they are again.

Again, the ones above are for the second player, but if you want to edit for another player, here are the informations. For more details concerning what I did to edit the mayor's house, all of my work is on page 59.

How did you figure out the hex codes on the list? I see it goes up from 00 to 09 but then it goes to 1a...and the list has 03 as a mailbox but you then say 03 is a fence...I'm really confused as to how the listing goes

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to relocating your plaza: I discovered all events are tied to the COBBLESTONE acre, not to the Plaza Tree itself (the event plaza is two separate pieces -- the plaza tile / ground itself, and the plaza tree).

Wherever you move the PLAZA COBBLESTONE acre via the Map Editor, that is where the events and vendor tents will now take place (including things like Hide and Seek!), REGARDLESS of where your Plaza Tree is (which also has to be moved separately through the RAM editor). I thought they were going to be tried to the tree, but it's actually tied to the ground. This is true regardless of which plaza cobblestone you use, even if you changed it from the one you had prior.

The location of your plaza tree has no effect on events. Also, it doesn't seem to be required to be on the corresponding cobblestone tile. By that I mean, you can have your plaza tree anywhere, separate from the plaza cobblestone -- of course it makes more sense to have it in the middle of the cobblestone, but it's not necessary. My tree is currently sitting in the middle of a lake, under water, several tiles away, and I'm still able to play hide-and-seek and visit the plaza vendors on the cobblestone tile. I've been too lazy to move it yet while I work on the development permit in this new town. It hasn't affected anything at all while I do things / talk to villagers / play games.

I haven't tested removing the plaza entirely, but I assume this would a) prevent the game from loading or b) at least prevent you from experiencing events related to the plaza.

How do I change my town tree's location? It doesn't show up on the buildings tab, and I have no idea how the coordinates work, you can't see them on the map...

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Darn. That's too bad. Thank you for letting us know! I was thinking of removing the cobblestone entirely from the plaza, but something was telling me that the events are coded in there instead. It would love so much prettier without the tiling, but ah well. x'D

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I change my town tree's location? It doesn't show up on the buildings tab, and I have no idea how the coordinates work, you can't see them on the map...

Since the coordinates on the map themselves aren't labeled, you're going to want to do a bit of guesswork. The best thing to do is locate the building or PWP NEAREST where you want to move the plaza, check those coordinates, and then count the squares away (both x and y axis) where you want to put the plaza. It seems hard at first until you visualize it in your head correctly.

The axis works like this:
hH8n7Qz.png

So once you know that you can generally make a good guess where things are going to go, and fine-tune it from there. It's easier to count away from a PWP or building that's close by like I said earlier, but you can also make a pretty good guess with the above chart if you play around a bit and see how things move, if you don't have a point to go from.

The tree itself is on the building list under "town plaza", item number 12 for me.

Reactions: Goshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2