Speed setting for Kingston 2gb Japan?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by skagamer, Jun 10, 2008.

Jun 10, 2008
  1. skagamer
    OP

Member skagamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just got myself an SCDS1 and was wondering what kind of speed setting works best with a Kingston 2gb japan. I tested Castlevania and noticed some slow down during the intro vid. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    I have mine set a 28, but theres is some lag in vania dos video... but on the brighter side it runs at full pace if launched from the dstt or y's menu... so no problem.

3. skagamer
    OP

Member skagamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So you basically use the SCDS OS for features and DSTT for speed then? I've got the files to install bliss, but the directions are in broken english which makes it difficult to understand. Got a link that may help me along?

4. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    Nah, I use the SC OS mainly, video lag in a intro video on one game isn't that bothersome and I use RTS a lot. I use the Y's or DSTT menu when I want to use the big cheat file sytem.

What I do change is the sc-os layout, by having the screens swapped at boot-up (change in globla.ini) and also the info box off. Then I change the layout to small icons and save the menu layout, this coupled with no more than 15-20 games per folder cuts out menu lag and looks very smart.

5. dipper145

Member dipper145 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I used the auto detected speed on my kingston 2gb japan, and both intros were flawless. So was gameplay.

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I don't know if the R4 generally has lag issues with the DoS video, but mine played it fine with a Kingston 2gig Japan. I saw absolutely ZERO lag in the video. tried is just now. Also, I only played about an hour into it, but PoR never crashed on me....though my friend's kids said it did for them on their R4 with the Kingston 2gig Japan.

I know you're talking 'bout the Supercard, but I'm just sayin'.