Homebrew Speed of Nintendont/USB Loader GX vs. Memory Cube + Wii Titles on SD?

Sega Waffle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi all.
So recently I picked up my old Wii. It's the classic white one that has GCN controller ports and slots for memory cubes.
I decided to softmod, installing Nintendont and USB Loader GX, and I noticed there was an option to emulate the memory cube for GCN games.
However, I have a 4X memory cube that I never used. I was just wondering whether loading from the emulated saves on my SD card would be any faster than using the actualy memory cube?

Also, is it possible to run Wii titles off an SD card using USB Loader GX? I have many 32gb and 64gb sdxc cards, but lack high storage USB drives.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think you mean Memory CARD, not Cube, unless it's something new to me.

Using Memory Cards is pretty much the same as using the emulated saving feature, but there are some games that are (Or maybe were) not compatible with the emulated memory card. I personally have two third party memory cards (64MB), one for PAL and another for NTSC games to avoid any problem and I've been perfectly fine.

Also you have GCMM, which can copy/insert save files, both individually and the whole memory card, so you can still back up saves if you go with real memory cards.

And as far as I know, USB Loader GX can't run Wii games from a SD card. I think CFG Loader is able to, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol