Hardware Speculations on upcoming Themed Switch bundles?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there was the Splatoon themed bundle with pink & green joy-cons & the Mario Odyssey bundle with the red joy-cons. I should have bought the Mario Bundle when it released as I'm not paying a near $100 premium on one now... but does anyone think they will release more variations down the road? Say for example one with two "Yoshi Green" joy-cons when Yoshi is released? Or one with metallic gold & blue joy-cons for MP4?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aliexpress transparent clear with d-pad mod >>> all those ugly bundles

Except, yeah. If you don't have a switch yet, don't need extra joy-cons, and don't want the extra cost. ;) Not to mention the thread is about possible and/or wanted future "themed" bundles, not about whether or not a 3rd party mod is better/worse.

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Except, yeah. If you don't have a switch yet, don't need extra joy-cons, and don't want the extra cost. ;) Not to mention the thread is about possible and/or wanted future "themed" bundles, not about whether or not a 3rd party mod is better/worse.

why would you need extra joy-cons? you can simply mod the ones you own or plan to own.
i know the thread is about themed bundles, but since my opinion is, that so far every color they released was butt fkn ugly (grey ones included) i pointed out that these shell mods are excellent, visually and quality wise. not to mention the d-pad mod is marvelous.

just think of it as classic gb or gba "themed"

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you need extra joy-cons? you can simply mod the ones you own or plan to own.
i know the thread is about themed bundles, but since my opinion is, that so far every color they released was butt fkn ugly (grey ones included) i pointed out that these shell mods are excellent, visually and quality wise. not to mention the d-pad mod is marvelous.

just think of it as classic gb or gba "themed"

I thought you meant pre-modded joy-cons. My bad. But, there is the entire warranty thing if that matters to a person. If the entire system should ever need to be sent in & you put the original shells back on, can N tell that you've opened your joy-cons? Is there a seal or sticker or anything of the sort inside that would be tell-tale?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those 3rd party clear cases are awful, i used them and sent them back.

I wouldn't get any "clear" color myself as I also think it looks ugly. But getting red joy-con housings is cheaper than buying a Mario Odyssey bundle. What exactly is awful about them? I've seen some comments about triggers being too mushy, but others said theirs were still clicky.

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
there isnt exactly a seal that is getting broken. and as long as you get the 4 black triwing screws out without damaging them, there is absolutely no way nintendo could tell you had them modded.
i dont know what that dude is talking about though. there is nothing awful about them. quite the contrary. i was very surprised about the quality and about the amazing feel of the d-pad mod, which i was sceptical about.
i highly doubt he returned a ~20$ item back to china...
triggers are left alone completely and it is your own fault during re-assembly if anything feels weird afterwards.
it is only the casing that gets an overhaul. nothing technical changes (unless you choose the d-pad mod)

Last edited by PaBo,

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't get any "clear" color myself as I also think it looks ugly. But getting red joy-con housings is cheaper than buying a Mario Odyssey bundle. What exactly is awful about them? I've seen some comments about triggers being too mushy, but others said theirs were still clicky.
you can find the official red mario joycons being sold on ebay for like $75-110 if you're really interested in them

D

Deleted-355425

there isnt exactly a seal that is getting broken. and as long as you get the 4 black triwing screws out without damaging them, there is absolutely no way nintendo could tell you had them modded.
i dont know what that dude is talking about though. there is nothing awful about them. quite the contrary. i was very surprised about the quality and about the amazing feel of the d-pad mod, which i was sceptical about.
i highly doubt he returned a ~20$ item back to china...
triggers are left alone completely and it is your own fault during re-assembly if anything feels weird afterwards.
it is only the casing that gets an overhaul. nothing technical changes (unless you choose the d-pad mod)

back to amazon pal, the buttons felt awful and no the pcb wasnt squashed, the shoulder buttons didnt feel tight and in place. Some people dont notice but i did and it pissed me off.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can find the official red mario joycons being sold on ebay for like $75-110 if you're really interested in them

There's no reason for me to have 2 sets of Joy-Cons if I buy a Switch. And for that price a person may as well just buy the Mario bundle for $430. I'll probably just buy a grey system, red d-pad mod shells for the Joy-Cons, a tri-wing set that comes with foam to do the bluetooth mod, and a tempered glass screen protector.

Although still pretty off topic from what people think N may officially release down the road. :) DK Brown and Banana Yellow for Tropical Freeze? LOLOL!!!

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason for me to have 2 sets of Joy-Cons if I buy a Switch. And for that price a person may as well just buy the Mario bundle for $430. I'll probably just buy a grey system, red d-pad mod shells for the Joy-Cons, a tri-wing set that comes with foam to do the bluetooth mod, and a tempered glass screen protector.

Although still pretty off topic from what people think N may officially release down the road. :) DK Brown and Banana Yellow for Tropical Freeze? LOLOL!!!
Well joycons cost around ~$70 dollars anyways, and then the third party shells cost around $20-30 dollars, so if you buy the official red ones on ebay it'd cost about the same price as buying a new set of joycons and the third party shells (Just dont buy them at anything over $100 let those other inflated price listings rot). But if you don't want the extra set of joycons then I guess just buying the third party shells would be good enough for you, but I can't find any of the mario red replacement shells so you'll have to wait a bit longer for someone to make replicas of those

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
We all know there's going to be a Yellow Switch with Yellow Joy-cons with Pikachu's smug little face on the back of the Switch.
$_35.JPG

PikachuGBASP.jpg

nusslbxaactual.jpg

250328_scr1_a.png

new-nintendo-3ds-ll-xl-pokemon-pikachu-yellow-limited-edition-brand-new-es.jpg

new-nintendo-2ds-ll-pikachu-edition-537027.2.jpg

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like they'll wanna finish out the run of the neon colors soon here. They've hit all the primary colors, one secondary color with green, and of course pink. If it makes sense, I think they might try to get a bundle out that includes a neon purple joycon and a neon orange joycon. Though I'm not entirely sure what such game would make sense for those colors to come together. Maybe if the next Pokemon title like all before it comes out in two versions, and the covers are clearly orange in theme for one and purple in theme for the other (though in retrospect that's exactly what Sun and Moon's color themes were), then that would make a for a great bundle to include of of the Pokemon games with the Switch, and an orange and purple joy con. And what would be clever is they could have one of the versions of the game bundle come with a left orange and right purple joy con. While the other game version could also have a bundle be opposite where the left joy con is purple and right in orange. Though I'd understand why people might argue that pokemon should have joycons that are half white and half red with a black line separating the colors like a pokeball. And I wouldn't disagree with that, but I kinda doubt they have intentions of more elaborate joy con designs, and will rather just be one solid (or perhaps transparent) color.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As long as your joy cons are new, you wont have to worry about that, Nintendo fixed that issue with new joy cons long ago.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: D34DL1N3R

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see very conflicting information on that entire business. Some say fixed, some say not fixed. But if I'm going to get a triwing set for $4 bucks, a good deal come with the foam anyway.

Well I got a new left joy con and it doesn't have the issue that my OG blue one has. So I'm inclined to believe the reports that the issue was addressed.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well joycons cost around ~$70 dollars anyways, and then the third party shells cost around $20-30 dollars, so if you buy the official red ones on ebay it'd cost about the same price as buying a new set of joycons and the third party shells (Just dont buy them at anything over $100 let those other inflated price listings rot). But if you don't want the extra set of joycons then I guess just buying the third party shells would be good enough for you, but I can't find any of the mario red replacement shells so you'll have to wait a bit longer for someone to make replicas of those
You can pick them up for about $50 new on eBay if you look around, and for oem color shells you can get those for about $15 or so from China. So in total as much as a standard pair of joycon

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can pick them up for about $50 new on eBay if you look around, and for oem color shells you can get those for about $15 or so from China. So in total as much as a standard pair of joycon
you should provide links for those 15 dollar shells, I personally dont need them but someone reading probably might want some

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...