Homebrew [Speculation] Gain ARM9 Privileges With a App?

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

This is only a speculation, but I seen this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/53a156/decrypt9_running_on_110/ and in the video, (now private) the user used some sort of privilege escalation tool to load a arm9 payload on 11.0.
So I did some poking around and I found this https://github.com/patois/Brahma
isn't this the sort of the same thing?
Please no shitstorms or calling out, as I don't need any arm9 exploit since I already have one, but what do you guys think?
Nah Brahma just loads up ARM9 payloads, using the ARM9 exploit in 9.2. Think of it like a bootstrapper

Reactions: RyDog

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
This is only a speculation, but I seen this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/53a156/decrypt9_running_on_110/ and in the video, (now private) the user used some sort of privilege escalation tool to load a arm9 payload on 11.0.
So I did some poking around and I found this https://github.com/patois/Brahma
isn't this the sort of the same thing?
Please no shitstorms or calling out, as I don't need any arm9 exploit since I already have one, but what do you guys think?

This, is interesting.

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah Brahma just loads up ARM9 payloads, using the ARM9 exploit in 9.2. Think of it like a bootstrapper
I think he RE'd the code to use a new exploit. I don't want to start hype or anything because it's just a rumor, but it'd be awesome if this guy was legit.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Brahma was the Loader used to open apps that needed ARM9 access on 9.2

I don't see how this would works since Brahma was just a loader. You would need an ARM9 exploit to just enter. You can't just force an app to open up in ARM9 ;-;

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brahma was the Loader used to open apps that needed ARM9 access on 9.2

I don't see how this would works since Brahma was just a loader. You would need an ARM9 exploit to just enter. You can't just force an app to open up in ARM9 ;-;
Read the reddit thread. The people who watched the video said the guy had something similar to Brahma working on 11.0

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm honestly convinced this is faked. As if the guy could had used a way to edit the version strings...

I remember someone who told me before we could edit the MSET to change the version string.

What if the person used that to fake it? For me he did that but you guys believe what you want I'm not judging :3

Reactions: LongTimeLurker

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly convinced this is faked. As if the guy could had used a way to edit the version strings...

I remember someone who told me before we could edit the MSET to change the version string.

What if the person used that to fake it? For me he did that but you guys believe what you want I'm not judging :3
I don't get why he's being low key about it if it's fake? If it was fake he would've tried trolling GBATemp/4chan like what one of the comments said. But then again, it's not real until there's a release.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's fake, but there is a chance that it could be real. The video was set to private shortly after the thread was created, so the guy that uploaded it didn't want people to see it. If it is fake, he could've set it to private to make it seem more realistic, but there isn't enough evidence to prove if it's real or fake, so we'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: DeoNaught

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why fake the version string when you can fake the output entirely.

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get why he's being low key about it if it's fake? If it was fake he would've tried trolling GBATemp/4chan like what one of the comments said. But then again, it's not real until there's a release.

Long-term mysterious fame, instead of short-term fame then bust?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn