[SPECULATION] Bethesda might be what "unlocks" current gen consoles

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Games & Content' started by Lettuce2, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Lettuce2
    OP

Lettuce2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2014
    United States
    So, thought suddenly occurred to me. Note I'm not extremely knowledgeable in exploits and "hacking", but based on past experiences, I feel I have a slight sense of what is possible under certain circumstances.

With that said, Fallout 4 allows for people to interact with the player's stats (pipboy) from a phone app. Stats like these are obviously tied down to the save file, which is possibly the most common method of modifying games, and potentially exploiting the console. A quick example I can think of would be SmashStack exploit for the Wii, or that one terrible 007 game needed a save file to exploit the PS2.

Then there's allowing mods. I'm not at all positive on the potential, considering most of the heavy altering mods for previous bethesda games require a script extender. But yeah... this was just my crazy thought in the shower lol.

obs123194 likes this.
  2. fafaffy

fafaffy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2012
    United States
    I highly doubt that Fallout 4 won't filter everything that comes in from the phone. Like, I think there's a 5% chance of them accidentally leaving any useful exploits within the wireless communication from the phone to the game that will allow us to do anything crazy.

3. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    ms has to authorize what mods can be pushed to the xb1 version, just like most things and thier indie games, etc
    you wont gain access to all mods that the pc has

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    I highly doubt about it... i doubt they will allow someone to make a basic mistake that is present on older consoles...

if that was the case, why didn't nintendo was stupid enough to leave a hole on nfc reader that we can use to hack the wii u\3ds... i mean.. its a new way off communication.. there should be some holes on it...

5. irvinscastle

irvinscastle GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    will most definitely have to be approved etc