Spectrobes Beyond the Portals on SCDS1

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by SamusKnight2K, Oct 28, 2008.

Oct 28, 2008
  1. SamusKnight2K
    OP

Member SamusKnight2K GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I couldn't really find a topic on this so I'm posting it here. I'm having problems with Spectrobes 2 on the SCDS1. The game will not run in Clean ROM mode forcing me to patch it which I don't really mind. But the other problem seems to be that the DGamer option on the title screen merely leads to a white screen. I've tried enabling DMA support, running the ROM trimmed and untrimmed, even leaving the ONLY patch that was enabled being the SD Speed patch. Yet it still goes to a white screen and locks up under this option. Exactly what DOES it do and is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

EDIT: Should mention that I did a PSRAM test prior to this discovering I my card was one of the faulty PSRAM error ones. But doing the Battery shorting trick reset the PSRAM and now it passes flawlessly in the Full Test (L+R+UP) mode.

EDIT 2: Strangely enough Clean ROM mode works now and with it the DGamer option. Tho I have no idea if it was a fluke or not...

2. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  3. SamusKnight2K
    OP

Member SamusKnight2K GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yea I already updated that file so it DOES recognize the game's default savetype.

After playing with the settings for awhile I've gotten things working. Running in patched mode requires you have the fast read patch enabled or the game will hang after the loading data screen. If you wanna use the Wi-Fi capabilities you have to enable the download play patch. Using the Wi-Fi capabilities however seems to disable the ability to reset to the menu after entering and exiting the DGamer menu.

Clean ROM: Runs perfectly.
    Fast Read: Required in patched mode.
    Cheats: Works
    Reset to menu: Works
    Save to SD: Works
    Download Play: Required to use Wi-Fi capabilities.
    RTS: Haven't tried but game works with it enabled.
    RTG: Haven't tried but game works with it enabled.

Hopefully this'll help anyone else encountering problems with the game. I haven't tried these options with a trimmed version yet but imagine it should work the same.