Hacking Spare some time to convert a Gateway save into JKSM?

redshiftclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

Just made the switch from Gateway to Luma3DS and utilizing .cia files. Unfortunately, that meant that I updated my firmware in sysNAND and lost my ability to use my Gateway cart. I have a few save files in .sav format that I would really appreciate someone taking the time to convert for me with JKSM. I have them set up based on MattKimura's guide called "Importing Gateway saves to cia games" as "0004000002C23200.sav" in separate folders, and are zipped together. As I'm a new user, I can't attach to this post so please message me for a link.

It would mean a lot if anyone is able to convert them for me, as I've put quite a bit of time into these saves.
Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions/issues.

redshiftclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

Just made the switch from Gateway to Luma3DS and utilizing .cia files. Unfortunately, that meant that I updated my firmware in sysNAND and lost my ability to use my Gateway cart. I have a few save files in .sav format that I would really appreciate someone taking the time to convert for me with JKSM. I have them set up based on MattKimura's guide called "Importing Gateway saves to cia games" as "0004000002C23200.sav" in separate folders, and are zipped together. As I'm a new user, I can't attach to this post so please message me for a link.

It would mean a lot if anyone is able to convert them for me, as I've put quite a bit of time into these saves.
Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions/issues.

Just became a newcomer in the forum, so I can upload the file. There are 6 games total, and it would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• gateway_saves_redshiftclick.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 237

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can maybe help out like I've been doing lately. I don't promise that I'll get anything done in a timely fashion or all at once.

Are there any games that are more important than the others so I know where to begin? I'm a sucker for helping others to preserve their Pokemon, so I'll probably start there.

Edit: If you want to do it yourself, you can still create an emuNAND on a lower system version compatible with Gateway.

Last edited by Lacius,

redshiftclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can maybe help out like I've been doing lately. I don't promise that I'll get anything done in a timely fashion or all at once.

Are there any games that are more important than the others so I know where to begin? I'm a sucker for helping others to preserve their Pokemon, so I'll probably start there.

Edit: If you want to do it yourself, you can still create an emuNAND on a lower system version compatible with Gateway.

@Lacius I can't thank you enough! I definitely set up Luma3DS in a stupid way, because I actually wiped my SD card from the Gateway as it was a larger size, and I updated my sysNAND and set everything up, so from my understanding, I'd have to wipe my current set up to create an emuNAND. I don't really want to bother with Gateway anymore as it's been a pretty big hassle and I'm happy to get away from it.

Honestly, Pokémon and Bravely Default are the most important, for sure. Past that, whatever you get to in whatever time frame is totally fine by me.

Thank you SO MUCH again.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius I can't thank you enough! I definitely set up Luma3DS in a stupid way, because I actually wiped my SD card from the Gateway as it was a larger size, and I updated my sysNAND and set everything up, so from my understanding, I'd have to wipe my current set up to create an emuNAND. I don't really want to bother with Gateway anymore as it's been a pretty big hassle and I'm happy to get away from it.

Honestly, Pokémon and Bravely Default are the most important, for sure. Past that, whatever you get to in whatever time frame is totally fine by me.

Thank you SO MUCH again.
You likely did everything properly when you setup Luma3DS. The main guide has you remove the emuNAND because there's no need for it with Luma3DS.

I have a separate low capacity SD card set aside with an 11.2 GW emuNAND just for converting saves. It's easy to setup with GodMode9. My plan is to convert Pokemon at some point tonight or tomorrow, but if you have a spare SD card, you can have the pleasure of converting the saves yourself. Here are the steps:
  1. Create an emuNAND on the separate SD card using GodMode9
  2. Perform a CTRTransfer on the emuNAND to downgrade it to 11.2 or lower
  3. Convert the saves

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

redshiftclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You likely did everything properly when you setup Luma3DS. The main guide has you remove the emuNAND because there's no need for it with Luma3DS.

I have a separate low capacity SD card set aside with an 11.2 GW emuNAND just for converting saves. It's easy to setup with GodMode9. My plan is to convert Pokemon at some point tonight or tomorrow, but if you have a spare SD card, you can have the pleasure of converting the saves yourself. Here are the steps:
  1. Create an emuNAND on the separate SD card using GodMode9
  2. Perform a CTRTransfer on the emuNAND to downgrade it to 11.2 or lower
  3. Convert the saves

You know, that's not a bad idea, considering I still have the red GW cart sitting around. If you don't mind doing this batch (at whatever pace works for you), I'll pay it forward to help others out like you have and convert some saves when they crop up on the forum.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, that's not a bad idea, considering I still have the red GW cart sitting around. If you don't mind doing this batch (at whatever pace works for you), I'll pay it forward to help others out like you have and convert some saves when they crop up on the forum.
Here's Pokemon Y.
Edit: Corrupt save? I'll look at it later.

Last edited by Lacius,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have them set up based on MattKimura's guide called "Importing Gateway saves to cia games" as "0004000002C23200.sav" in separate folders, and are zipped together.
That guide is old. If I'm not mistaken, you can "convert" them on a PC with 3ds-save-tool.
https://github.com/wwylele/3ds-save-tool

EDIT: Oh, nope, that doesn't work. I guess Gateway uses its own encryption for these as per that guide. Interesting.

EDIT2: For future reference, save3ds might have support for cartridge saves someday.

Last edited by Kwyjor,
Reactions: redshiftclick

redshiftclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That guide is old. If I'm not mistaken, you can "convert" them on a PC with 3ds-save-tool.
https://github.com/wwylele/3ds-save-tool

EDIT: Oh, nope, that doesn't work. I guess Gateway uses its own encryption for these as per that guide. Interesting.

Appreciate the post, but yeah, I learned the hard way that Gateway has it's own way of doing things that necessitates having a working system and cart.

redshiftclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's Pokemon Y.
Edit: Corrupt save? I'll look at it later.

It might have something to do with it being a Card2 game?
"About Card2 games
Certain games are card2 type games, where the save file is stored inside the cartridge. In our case, the save is stored inside the rom itself. Games like Pokemon XY/ORAS, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Tomodachi Life, Zelda Tri Force Heroes are card2 games. They don't produce a .sav file on the SD card like card1 games.
To export card2 saves, carry on by selecting the rom then using JK Save Manager to export the cartridge's save. Then import the save in SD/Cia."

Does that mean I'd need to send the .3ds file?

gbasaltychip

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Lacius, I was wondering if you would be willing to help me as well? I'm in the same boat as redshiftclick... I updated to CFW without converting my Gateway save files first. Would you be willing to convert a couple for me? I've done a lot of research and still don't know how to properly do it.

The games I'd like to convert are:
1. Ever Oasis (EU)
2. Mario Kart 7
3. The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time

I've attached a zip of the 3 saves.

Attachments

• 3Saves.rar
    266.9 KB · Views: 248

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Lacius, I was wondering if you would be willing to help me as well? I'm in the same boat as redshiftclick... I updated to CFW without converting my Gateway save files first. Would you be willing to convert a couple for me? I've done a lot of research and still don't know how to properly do it.

The games I'd like to convert are:
1. Ever Oasis (EU)
2. Mario Kart 7
3. The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time

I've attached a zip of the 3 saves.
If you still have a functional Gateway cartridge, you can use this guide to convert the save files.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

I would recommend doing so with a second SD card and an emuNAND.

I don't normally do save conversions for others anymore, unless perhaps it's a mainline Pokemon game.

Last edited by Lacius,

gbasaltychip

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for getting back. I have gone over that guide, completing everything step-by-step until Part II, #6 where I need to launch my Gateway Card. At present I have no idea how to get my Gateway Card working on my CFW and it might even be dead cuz I couldn’t get it to work before updating to CFW (it was over a year ago and so I forget what wasn’t working). I’m willing to try though. FYI, I am running the most up to date CFW on 3DS firmware (11.13.0-45U) with Godmode9, FBI, Luma3DS v10.2. I have a spare SD card I can use to setup an emunand but am not sure how to do that. If I can figure out how to get my Gateway card to launch, the save conversion process will be no problem for me.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this, I really appreciate it!

Edea_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for asking in a very old post, but I was wondering if you could actually help me convert my bravely default save??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain