Spanish

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean, if we could teach you the language? C'mon, there are like thousand sites on the net for that.
Anyway, there u go with the basics:

"Me gustaría que me comieses la polla, por favor"
means
"I would like you to please cook me some chicken"
and
"¿Jugamos al teto?"
means
"Would you like to play some?" (included as essential since I assume you love playing, as we're on gbatemp).
Another very important one:
"Me gusta introducir cactus por mi culo."
means
"I'd like you to introduce me to new people".

Hope it helps
wink.gif

P.S: for god's sake, it's all a joke xD

DN_Kira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean, if we could teach you the language? C'mon, there are like thousand sites on the net for that.

means
and
"¿Jugamos al teto?"
means
"Would you like to play some?" (included as essential since I assume you love playing, as we're on gbatemp).
means

Hope it helps
wink.gif

lmao, nice one
wink.gif
, BTW just do as he says, there are a LOT of websites out there teaching spanish. I mean, I could find a lot about Japanese, so there must be a LOT more about spanish since its more common in the world.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Instead of picking on the poor boy, here goes some piece of advice you can use over the Internet:
1. Get into some chat where people speak Spanish.
2. Get into some MMORPG and hang around Spanish people. Did you know there are studies claiming that MMORPG's are a valid way to learn and improve a language?

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I can teach you some South American Spanish. Spanish from spain is like English from england. (More wording, more formal).

For example, "chinga" is tipically from Central America, "coge" is tipically Spanish.
Way too many countries that speak the same language.
wink.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
I can teach you some South American Spanish. Spanish from spain is like English from england. (More wording, more formal).

For example, "chinga" is tipically from Central America, "coge" is tipically Spanish.
wink.gif
No, we don't say "coge", we say follar. And Spanish from Spain is not more formal. It's just another way of it. Actually, Spanish from Argentina for example is a way more similar to Middle Spanish (from the Conquest) and it sounds funny to Spaniards. However, our Spanish (from Spain) does sound "funny" to people from South America.
It's not about being serious or not, it's just other way. I can show you a good couple of over nine thousand people who speak like a crazy parrot on drugs and are from Spain, and very few who speak formally. Same in any other country in South America.

anyhow, if you just want the basics, go to a website with some idioms and all, else a MMROPG... well, unless you reinforce that with some "formal" studies, it could be worse than nothing
tongue.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

means
and
"¿Jugamos al teto?"
means
means

Hope it helps
wink.gif

Muy bueno!
rofl2.gif

Pero no comprendo la segunda frase.. ¿Que significa?
unsure.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
@Jax: I guess it depends on the region. Of course, don't expect easy Spanish from Andalusia
tongue.gif

@Cockroachman: it's some sort of stupid play on words... a rhyme, actually. You say "jugamos al teto?", then they ask: "qué?", then you say: "tú te agachas y yo te la meto!" (you crouch and I will stick it into your poppers!)

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country

wink.gif

No, we don't say "coge", we say follar. And Spanish from Spain is not more formal. It's just another way of it. Actually, Spanish from Argentina for example is a way more similar to Middle Spanish (from the Conquest) and it sounds funny to Spaniards. However, our Spanish (from Spain) does sound "funny" to people from South America.
It's not about being serious or not, it's just other way. I can show you a good couple of over nine thousand people who speak like a crazy parrot on drugs and are from Spain, and very few who speak formally. Same in any other country in South America.

anyhow, if you just want the basics, go to a website with some idioms and all, else a MMROPG... well, unless you reinforce that with some "formal" studies, it could be worse than nothing
tongue.gif

It is more formal because, believe or not you guys use a lot more words, while we use our own regional "terms".
One thing is for sure though, I love the Spanish accent.

Did you guys know that I was in fact born in Spain but lived my whole life in Bolivia?, interesting huh?, write it down when they release Trivial Pursuit: GBATemp.net edition

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have a quick start guide with the basic sentences? I'm going to Cuba Saturday and would like a handy guide
smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.