Not open for further replies.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So yeah, I have a piece of homework that was due in some point in the past.
Wondering if the following apology makes sense?
QUOTE said:
Lo siento muchísimo que este es tarde. Espero que cumpla con el nivel que usted espera.
Also: HotD #6 Blu-Ray rip just finished dl'ing
yay.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So you're apologizing because of the late homework...?
The first sentence should be "Siento muchísimo la tardanza." or something around those lines. The second sentence is fine.

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, im spanish native speaker, so i can easily help you
tongue.gif

The sentence you made isnt that bad,

Lo siento muchísimo que este es tarde. Espero que cumpla con el nivel que usted espera.

This is what you said literally in english "Im so sorry im is late. I hope that it meets the level you expect"

So basically the wrong part is the beginning. This is a tricky part, since changing from spanish to english or viceversa literally, will change its sense a lot.

You DO can translate literally Im sorry it is late, a spanish person would understand, but it will sound kinda wrong... it would be "Disculpa porque es tarde", if someone told me that, i would undesrand what he said, but it wouldnt sound right.

If you want to say, im sorry i'm late, say "Perdón por llegar tarde"
"Perdón", can be "Lo siento", or "Disculpa" as well, and you dont have to change anything else by changing these words into that sentence.

What i said in spanish is "Im sorry im arriving late", this one is easier to translate literally.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Goli said:
So you're apologizing because of the late homework...?
The first sentence should be "Siento muchísimo la tardanza." or something around those lines. The second sentence is fine.
Oh, that makes sense, thanks
happy.gif
Goli said:
QUOTE(WildArms @ Nov 26 2010, 07:53 PM) Well, im spanish native speaker, so i can easily help you
tongue.gif

The sentence you made isnt that bad,

This is what you said literally in english "Im so sorry im is late. I hope that it meets the level you expect"

So basically the wrong part is the beginning. This is a tricky part, since changing from spanish to english or viceversa literally, will change its sense a lot.

You DO can translate literally Im sorry it is late, a spanish person would understand, but it will sound kinda wrong... it would be "Disculpa porque es tarde", if someone told me that, i would undesrand what he said, but it wouldnt sound right.

If you want to say, im sorry i'm late, say "Perdón por llegar tarde"
"Perdón", can be "Lo siento", or "Disculpa" as well, and you dont have to change anything else by changing these words into that sentence.

What i said in spanish is "Im sorry im arriving late", this one is easier to translate literally.
I was trying to say sorry for the homework being late, not me, but thank you.
happy.gif

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Juanmatron said:
Post what you want to say in english. I'll translate it.
It's supposed to say
QUOTEI am very sorry that this is late. I hope that it meets with the level you expect
Or thereabouts anyways.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Perdon por haber dejado mi trabajo tarde, espero que cumple el nivel que te esperas.
This should do the trick if your homework is late.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
shlong said:
Juanmatron said:
Post what you want to say in english. I'll translate it.
It's supposed to say
QUOTE said:
I am very sorry that this is late. I hope that it meets with the level you expect
Or thereabouts anyways.

Choose one:
Lo siento mucho por llegar tarde. Espero que te encuentres con el nivel que tú esperabas.
Perdona por la tardanza. Espero cumplir con el nivel que esperas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse