SpaceX to fly to Int'l Space Station in November!

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (AP) -- SpaceX's next mission is to the International Space Station.

The Hawthorne, Calif.-based private rocket maker said Monday its Dragon capsule will launch on Nov. 30 on a cargo test run to the orbiting outpost. SpaceX said the launch will be followed by a station docking more than a week later.

With the space shuttle fleet retired, NASA is depending on private companies like SpaceX to handle space station supply runs and astronaut rides. Until then, the space agency is paying for trips aboard the Russian Soyuz spacecraft.

Last December, the Dragon capsule made the world's first private trip to and from orbit. During the test flight, the capsule simulated some of the maneuvers that would be needed for a docking.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

icon11.gif
visit SpaceX online

icon11.gif
Read my previous post about SpaceX.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That answers my question.
After the shuttles retired I was asking to myself: "So how are the astronauts getting down?"
laugh.gif

D

Deleted_171835

I suppose this will produce some revenue for SpaceX.

As for space travel in general, it's never going to take off until it's more affordable. And even so, the whole trip consists of going above the Earth, staring out into space, fooling around with low gravity and then going back down. Considering how much it costs, it's certainly not worth it.

Build a space colony on the moon and organize trips there. Then I'll be interested.
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end