Space World '97 Demo of Pokemon Gold Surfaces

image.png

In the past few hours, an anonymous user on 4chan posted screenshots of a presumed beta version of Pokemon Gold. Said leak displayed screenshots of unused Pokemon, and a beta titlescreen.

At approximately 3am EST, said leaker releases the ROM into the wild, and a team reveals that they were working on translating and bug fixing the aforementioned ROM. Coinciding with the leak, user Sanqui on Twitter releases a WIP spreadsheet containing all the data researched and documented by the team thus far:

[Tweet removed by @shaunj66 - contained copyrighted material]

:arrow:SOURCE

Last edited by shaunj66,
D

Deleted User

How did you get the Spaceworld Demo border? Even I load it in John GBC Lite on Android I get the normal G/S border
It looks like a custom emulator border based on the fact it fills the 16:9 screen, but you can get the border (and color) with Super GameBoy emulation

D

Deleted User

Anyone with a flash cart and a japanese copy of stadium 2 wanna see if it will play in the GB tower?
I got as far as Stadium detecting it in PJ64 but GB tower doesn't work on emulator.

Last edited by ,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sorry for this stupid question. whats the difference between this and the final one (there are scrapped pokemons i know that) but how far can u play this?

D

Deleted User

sorry for this stupid question. whats the difference between this and the final one (there are scrapped pokemons i know that) but how far can u play this?
A lot of scripts are missing and because it's a demo theres not much you can explore before it resets. Using debug you can access more of the region which seems to be mostly done, just a few maps missing. A lot of Pokemon aren't fully coded and have placeholder stats.

Theres enough that someone could add scripts, create missing maps, polish things off and release it as a fully playable game.

Last edited by ,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a few routes and trainer battles at least thats how far i got until it ended

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A lot of scripts are missing and because it's a demo theres not much you can explore before it resets. Using debug you can access more of the region which seems to be mostly done, just a few maps missing. A lot of Pokemon aren't fully coded and have placeholder stats.

Theres enough that someone could add scripts, create missing maps, polish things off and release it as a fully playable game.

that would be awsome

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all emulators with SGB support include borders I think. In VBA-M, SGB mode and borders are separate options.

What I mean is John GBC lite does have SGB with borders support. It shows the normal Gen 2 border, not the Spaceworld demo one.

I'll have to try it with an emulator on my laptop tomorrow. Maybe it's a limitation of the android emulator

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What I mean is John GBC lite does have SGB with borders support. It shows the normal Gen 2 border, not the Spaceworld demo one.

I'll have to try it with an emulator on my laptop tomorrow. Maybe it's a limitation of the android emulator
I've read from TCRF that the border changes depending if you're playing in debug mode or not.
If debug is activated it will show you the regular G/S border, if you're playing the demo then it'll show the Spaceworld one.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read from TCRF that the border changes depending if you're playing in debug mode or not.
If debug is activated it will show you the regular G/S border, if you're playing the demo then it'll show the Spaceworld one.

That would explain it. Thank you for the info

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what emulator should i use on Android (if possible with the Spaceworld 97 Border)

my problem on android John GBC dont read .sgb files.. can i rename the extension?

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont use VC my 3ds is broken... i meant Android

i renamed it to .gb but only white screen

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Woah, that's old! Specs?

By the way I should have an old WonderMedia WM8650 laptop, running who-knows-what "el cheapo" ARM SoC and Windows CE. If it boots, I'll try running the proto there just for shits and giggles :rofl2:
Toshiba Satellite 2100CDS.
K6-2 400mhz, 32mb ram, 10gb hdd, 24x cdrom and floppy disk at the same time and a single usb 1.1 port. The screen is 12.1'' and 800x600 but isn't an active matrix so it has as much ghosting (if not more) as a brick gameboy. Surpricingly the battery still works and last like a full hour, but it doesn't keep the charge for too many days if you charge it and leave it there.

I also have a IBM Thinkpad 365XD, but I don't have the power cord, so I can't use it.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: