Homebrew Space Cadet Pinball Switch port

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I couldn't get the MIDI soundtrack to play despite having a soundfont and correct config, so I just converted it to mp3.
Thank you, super nice game! Love it!..

Have just two questions: how to turn on the music? I converted PINBALL.MID and PINBALL2.MID files into MP3s, put them and the new 1.1.1-NX1 release, but there's no bg music at all.

And the second: how one may change L and R buttons into the ZL and ZR?.. And Dpad left-right into L and R? Wish for some kind of cfg file!

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Have just two questions: how to turn on the music? I converted PINBALL.MID and PINBALL2.MID files into MP3s, put them and the new 1.1.1-NX1 release, but there's no bg music at all.

And the second: how one may change L and R buttons into the ZL and ZR?.. And Dpad left-right into L and R? Wish for some kind of cfg file!
That release should have the MP3 embedded in its romfs so it doesn't need any additional work.
I converted the soundtrack with
timidity -c timidity.cfg PINBALL.MID -Ow -o - | ffmpeg -i - -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 64k PINBALL.MP3, with timidity.cfg pointing to my soundfont (soundfont gm.sf2). Place that in your assets directory right next to the original midi file. Make sure that the filename is all caps.

The controls can be configured here https://github.com/averne/SpaceCadetPinball-NX/blob/master/SpaceCadetPinball/options.cpp#L54-L59, with the values from here https://github.com/devkitPro/SDL/blob/switch-sdl2/src/joystick/switch/SDL_sysjoystick.c#L47-L55 (the index of the key inside that array).

Reactions: mathew77

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country

Open the file "imgui.ini" created after launching the NRO. Edit "Music=0" to "Music=1" and save.
Thanks for this port! Brings a lot of memories.

Reactions: mathew77

Shaneus

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is working amazingly well. But for some reason I can't get it to load CADET.DAT. Updated the .ini and made sure the file was in the same folder as the .nro, but the logo/picture on the right hand side still looks like the Windows one.

It looks like this:
DYK2plaW0AEHeir

I think it should look like this when using the Full Tilt! version:

space-cadet-pinball-original_5481.jpg

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is working amazingly well. But for some reason I can't get it to load CADET.DAT. Updated the .ini and made sure the file was in the same folder as the .nro, but the logo/picture on the right hand side still looks like the Windows one.

It looks like this:
DYK2plaW0AEHeir

I think it should look like this when using the Full Tilt! version:

space-cadet-pinball-original_5481.jpg
It uses assets embedded in the nro so that can't be changed easily. It needs a recompile, get in touch if you want me to help.

I changed the music and controls in the ini but still no music and the controls didn't change?
Those settings are hardcoded for now, I'll fix that this evening.

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's now possible to configure the game with a file. Upon the first launch, a file called "imgui_pb.ini", will be created, containing several settings such as music/sound activation/key mapping, etc. It also allows to save your high scores.

@mathew77 For mapping the bumpers to ZL/ZR, change "Left Flipper key" and "Right Flipper key" to 8 and 9, respectively.
@NGT You can now turn off the music with "Music=0"
@Shaneus if CADET.DAT is present in the same directory as the nro, it will be loaded. Note that all music/audio will be broken for now, as the upstream decompilation didn't implement it. See screenshot:
2021101922224600-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

The release is available at: https://github.com/averne/SpaceCadetPinball-NX/releases/latest

NGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's now possible to configure the game with a file. Upon the first launch, a file called "imgui_pb.ini", will be created, containing several settings such as music/sound activation/key mapping, etc. It also allows to save your high scores.

@mathew77 For mapping the bumpers to ZL/ZR, change "Left Flipper key" and "Right Flipper key" to 8 and 9, respectively.
@NGT You can now turn off the music with "Music=0"
@Shaneus if CADET.DAT is present in the same directory as the nro, it will be loaded. Note that all music/audio will be broken for now, as the upstream decompilation didn't implement it. See screenshot:View attachment 280586

The release is available at: https://github.com/averne/SpaceCadetPinball-NX/releases/latest
I meant if we can turn on and off music from within the game itself. The psvita port has access to the settings that windows has from the game itself. Anyway thanks for this!

Dfox44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where do I throw everything, and what Files are needed?

switch/SpaceCadetPinball/SpaceCadetPinball.nro
Take all Files and throw it in this Directory. Should work perfectly, and here is the Forwarder
https://mega.nz/file/vVMymTja#o51SVT5Z2U9KEc0YGh7sDoDGYoYXLr-Zo_jVokz8KUI
Unfortunately after using this once during the first launch. It stopped working. I did edit my high scores with the .ini file so not sure if that has something to do with it, it just crashes everytime I try to use the forwarder :(

NVM figured it out!

Last edited by Dfox44,
Reactions: Smoker1

ThinWalls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately after using this once during the first launch. It stopped working. I did edit my high scores with the .ini file so not sure if that has something to do with it, it just crashes everytime I try to use the forwarder :(

NVM figured it out!
please share how you fixed it, my forwarders don't seem to work :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all