'South Park: The Fractured But Whole' Release Date Revealed

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, May 17, 2017.

1. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    Capture.JPG

Ubisoft announced today that the sequel to 2014's Stick of Truth will come to PC, PS4 and XboxOne this October 17th 2017.

A new trailer has been released for the occasion:

Anyone who purchases this title will receive South Park: The Stick of Truth for free as a limited time gift until January 31, 2018.

Pre-orders will also receive an exclusive in-game assistant, Towelie: Your Gaming Bud. The latter provides helpful and hilarious advice and commentary to players at key locations throughout the game.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Attached Files:

2. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    2 years to the day, after it's original release date. This makes it's release longer then the stick of truth's

3. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    It's so nice to hear more and more games coming to the ps4

4. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I don't see why there hasn't been an announcement for a Switch version. One would think it could handle a game like this. Who knows, Ubisoft has their own E3 conference, maybe an announcement is forthcoming. I really hope it does make it to the Switch.

5. DeslotlCL

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Because nintendo players doesnt like mature or this kind of games on their consoles, let alone the other third party stuff they dont buy and that does not sell on nintendo platforms... But don't worry, you will get mario vs the rabbits.

6. duffmmann

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    That's just silly, and obviously not true. Nintendo has been very supportive of Mature games in the past, just look at Bayonetta. Plus Ubisoft is a big fan of Nintendo, I'm sure that if this game is coming to the Switch, its just coming later because they weren't able to work on it at the start of production since it wasn't around yet. I really wouldn't be surprised if we see an announcement for it at Ubisoft's E3. Also I am genuinely intrigued by that Mario/Rabbids game lol, could be good, could be terrible haha.

Last edited by duffmmann, May 17, 2017
    osaka35 likes this.
  7. Gamer4647

Gamer4647 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2016
    Well, they had been getting stuff like Call of Duty on the Wii and Wii U, so I'd rather call it laziness.

^
    I'm too slow lol

duffmmann likes this.
  8. DeslotlCL

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Bayonetta, yeah... and it didn't sell that well, maybe it did "decently", maybe...
    Activision gave up with cod on nintendo platforms. Almost no one bought bo2 or ghosts on wii u. MW3 Did worse that bo1 on wii. Nintenfo fans dont like shooters or most of third party releases. Ubisoft ports on the wii u did horrible and they clearly blamed on nintendo.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, May 17, 2017
  9. duffmmann

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Nay-say all you want. We'll see. Seems pointless to argue over what one of us thinks will happen and one of us thinks wont happen when we simply put don't know.
    But yeah, 3rd parties did bad on the Wii U cuz no one had it and it was too underpowered, not at all relevant to a game like this on the Switch. So its pretty easy to disregard that aspect of it all. The Wii and Gamecube had their fair share of Mature games as well. So again, we'll see. Point is, I'd love to play this game at home or on the go.

10. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    That title tho lol!!!!

It reminds me dark souls, when you find near fire keeper:

AMAZING CHEST AHEAD, TOUGUE BUT HOLE

LMFAO OOPS

11. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    A better way to have worded it is that Nintendo is very picky with the amount and type of "mature" content that they want to allow on their system. Look at the binding of isaac for example. That game got denied multiple times due to the crude humor and religious themes in it. South park doesn't just have basic mature humor they go above and beyond.

12. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Supportative doesnt equal sales, bayonetta 2 was a total sales flop on wiiu.

DeslotlCL likes this.
  13. duffmmann

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    So? I already said the Wii U was a failure, so of course it didn't do well. That doesn't mean for a second to me that Nintendo wouldn't want to do another Bayonetta game on the Switch. Frankly I'd be shocked if they had no interest in more Bayonetta.

14. DeslotlCL

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Thanks. Sometimes i can't find the proper way to express what i want to say correctly.

15. EthanAddict

EthanAddict Anti-Skiddo activitist and scientist

Nov 12, 2016
    Greece
    I can't wait to pirate it...

jpx86 likes this.
  16. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    INB4 Complains about using Denuvo in the game.

ShroomKing and Subtle Demise like this.
  17. Imparasite

Imparasite GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2008
    Norway
    Norway
    then in sept they will announce delay again to 2018 ahahahah

Subtle Demise likes this.
  18. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States
    I happen to know someone working on this game. Seems like a bit of a mess. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have a big part in the production of this and if they lag, development lags.

19. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I still have my preorder case that comes with a "special cover".
    Since... last year for sure.

Fucking already...

Subtle Demise likes this.
  20. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Really? I remember this being showed off last year, I think at E3, showed off in some convention. Hopefully won't get pushed back again. I'd dust off the PS4 for this.