1. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

This looks so promising. Haha, I can already imagine this will be "controversial". lol

zxr750j, Quarions and Lostbhoy like this.
  2. Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy HEY YOU GUYS!

United Kingdom
    Is south park still a thing or is it just for this?

Haven't watched south park in about 20 years but i dont get how they can be controversial about it..... Trump allready called it kungflu..... The best and worst sound bite to come from all of this!

yuyuyup likes this.
  3. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Yep for some reason it's still going even though it's been shit for about the last 15 years

yuyuyup likes this.
  4. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

The episode "You're Getting Older" felt when the series was intended to end, but they continued anyway. I personally really enjoy the newer episodes a lot and with the world being as ridiculous as it is, they have it handled it to them to make endless South Park episodes.

zxr750j and yuyuyup like this.
  5. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    You don't keep up with current affairs all that often, do you? There's been worse to come out since then. At any rate, it's all fodder for this show. I don't think people understand that South Park isn't offensive and controversial just for the sake of it. It's a social commentary on the idiocy of what the creators see in our society. This is why the Drawn Together movie (a show that *was* offensive and controversial just for the sake of it) tried taking a shit on it for having a message in every episode. I will admit that I hate that the show is nothing but topical satire these days, and I miss when they'd just make up crazy stories, but as their old demographic grows up and a new generation of viewers comes in, they're trying to adapt to the commentary these new viewers are used to. It's a means to stay relevant, and honestly, I think they do it better than other satirical animated sitcoms. I'm so sick of Seth MacFarlane and his cookie-cutter comedy, and The Simpsons has been a ghost of itself for several years now. Other shows just try to copy the formula of these, too, so there's really not much selection out there that doesn't feel stale. South Park even has an older episode about this and how shows can't do anything original because The Simpsons already did it.

Lostbhoy likes this.
  6. zxr750j

zxr750j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I really love South Park, the older stuff but I'member the latest season being great also!
    Cant wait until the 30th!

7. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

The SARS episode has a lot in common with the upcoming one, and the fact Randy mentioned 98% chance of survival made it even funnier 'cause it's true.

8. Iamapirate

Iamapirate GBAtemp Fan

The drumpf lampooning in this and other shows just comes across as butthurt.

9. 1NOOB

1NOOB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    i think it was a good intro into the new season , a little bit of everything with the normal south park touch .

Deleted User likes this.
  10. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish
    Former Staff

Japan
    Eh, I thought the episode was ok. Not great, but also not really bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - September, Pandemic, Special