Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this working on 10.5 but my sysnand didnt copy over to my eunand. I have games on my sysnand but not emunand. I want to erase the Emunand and try the process over. Whats the best way for me to do this? Im paranoid ill ruin Sysnand by accident.

Last edited by thegameksk,

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I have this working on 10.5 but my sysnand didnt copy over to my eunand. I have games on my sysnand but not emunand. I want to erase the Emunand and try the process over. Whats the best way for me to do this? Im paranoid ill ruin Sysnand by accident.
First, make a sysnand backup (NAND.BIN) That way, if you mess anything up you'll have that.

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, make a sysnand backup (NAND.BIN) That way, if you mess anything up you'll have that.

I have a backup. What can I do if I logged into the wrong Nintendo network ID on Emunand? I know you have to format to log out but whats the safest way to do this without ruining emunand and sysnand?

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
No. I currently have the correct nintendo ID logged in on Sysnand and the my second one which is the one without all my digital content logged in on Emunand.
I wouldn't do this in case I'm overlooking something, but I think this is how it would be done:
Formatting sysNAND
Writing the nand.bin to emuNAND
Saving another sysnand.bin
Logging into nnid
writing sysnand with the latest sysnand.bin (this is so that you can use your nnid in emunand as active)

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't do this in case I'm overlooking something, but I think this is how it would be done:
Formatting sysNAND
Writing the nand.bin to emuNAND
Saving another sysnand.bin
Logging into nnid
writing sysnand with the latest sysnand.bin (this is so that you can use your nnid in emunand as active)

Wouldnt formatting the sysNand make it update past 9.2?

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant believe I made this mistake. Can anyone else give any advice regarding my situation?
Basically you just need to copy the nand.bin you have (the backup of your sysnand) to the emunand. There are 2 problems now though
1. The nands will be linked now. Easy fix, just format the sysnand.
2. If you unlink/format the sysnand now your nnid is "unactive" by nintendo. Follow a guide to make it active again (basically any time your 3ds logs into anything that requires NNID such as eshop it'll reject you. Its fixable thankfully)

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically you just need to copy the nand.bin you have (the backup of your sysnand) to the emunand. There are 2 problems now though
1. The nands will be linked now. Easy fix, just format the sysnand.
2. If you unlink/format the sysnand now your nnid is "unactive" by nintendo. Follow a guide to make it active again (basically any time your 3ds logs into anything that requires NNID such as eshop it'll reject you. Its fixable thankfully)

How would I go about copying the nand.bin to the emunand?

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I keep getting invalid NAND file size?

edit: I got that working and I separated the nands. Now im not able to update emunand. I did it through system setting and it said it was successful. When it rebooted it was on 10.3. Now when I try to update I get an error has occured unable to update. I think this maybe because my nnid is "unactive". Not sure how to get it "active".

Last edited by thegameksk,

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I keep getting invalid NAND file size?

edit: I got that working and I separated the nands. Now im not able to update emunand. I did it through system setting and it said it was successful. When it rebooted it was on 10.3. Now when I try to update I get an error has occured unable to update. I think this maybe because my nnid is "unactive". Not sure how to get it "active".
Check this out, this is what I did when it happened to me. (fafaffy's post)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-access-nnid-services-after-unlinking-nands.380131/

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
If svc_backdoor is available before doing firmlaunch, we could maybe use it to do the arm11 gpu/gsp initialisation.
well the other day i fixed my MPU settings so that reinand works both from normal entry points and now also arm9loader hax. So yea, emunand from coldboot is pretty nice. I've been looking into K11 for LCD init. Unfortunately though, arm9 cant touch LCD stuff, so this ought to be fun, trying to get arm11 shit running before splash screen, lol.

Midgard95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I´m not sure what I am doing wrong, i got ReiNand working with right firmware.bin and ReiNand 3.2 (no beta) on emuNand 10.5 one time, after that i try to boot into it but it stucks everytime on the splash screen. Any Idea?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1