Hacking [Source Code] ReiNAND with Brahma2Loader (Ninjhax 2.x support) (FW <= 9.2)

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
CTRUlib is from lastest git, commit b9e5ddb.

Tried the pre-compiled binaries on attachment, black screen and reboot to Homebrew Launcher. I am using HomeMenuHax 1.3 (unofficial, posted somewhere in GBATemp), through. Homebrew Launcher itself is the official release from smealum. Tried booting from Homebrew Launcher and directly from HomeMenuHax.
I can confirm the same result as well with my own build pointing to rxtools. Black screen after loading it.
Why are ppl even bothering with rxTools still anyway? It's broken to hell and back and is a total mess at the moment.
Just use Reinand or CakesFW and be done with it i say. :P

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I can confirm the same result as well with my own build pointing to rxtools. Black screen after loading it.
Why are ppl even bothering with rxTools still anyway? It's broken to hell and back and is a total mess at the moment.
Just use Reinand or CakesFW and be done with it i say. :P

AFAIK, Reinand does not work with O3DS.

I think rxTools, at least from lastest git, uses the most modern exploits (CakesBrah for example) and it is as fast as the other CFW (they did improve the boot time a lot in the last commits). However, I never tried CakesFW, however as far I understand CakesFW and recent rxTools are the same speed and stability wise.

There is some advantage CakesFW have that I don't know?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK, Reinand does not work with O3DS.

I think rxTools, at least from lastest git, uses the most modern exploits (CakesBrah for example) and it is as fast as the other CFW (they did improve the boot time a lot in the last commits). However, I never tried CakesFW, however as far I understand CakesFW and recent rxTools are the same speed and stability wise.

There is some advantage CakesFW have that I don't know?
That is true (last i checked) sadly reinand is only n3ds now. But there's still CakesFW which is a better option than rxTools imo until they fix bugs/clean up the code etc etc. It's a mess.
CakesFW advantage is well... cleaner more efficient code for starters and seems a lot more stable than rxTools imo. The problem with rxTools is it's trying to do too much at once. A problem solved by actually using a CFW of choice (not rxtools) combined with HB Menu and Decrypt9 which does everything rxtools does and then some and works. :)
But each to their own i guess. :)

Reactions: d0k3

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
That is true (last i checked) sadly reinand is only n3ds now. But there's still CakesFW which is a better option than rxTools imo until they fix bugs/clean up the code etc etc. It's a mess.
CakesFW advantage is well... cleaner more efficient code for starters and seems a lot more stable than rxTools imo. The problem with rxTools is it's trying to do too much at once. A problem solved by actually using a CFW of choice (not rxtools) combined with HB Menu and Decrypt9 which does everything rxtools does and then some and works. :)
But each to their own i guess. :)
Is it really more stable thou? I don't remember the last time rxTools did not boot for example, at least using DS Profile/Browserhax (HomeMenuHax seems to be unstable, however I got a boot.3dsx from somewhere in GBATemp that got almost 100% boot rate in rxTools; actually, this is why I am trying to make BrahmaLoader works, because I prefer to have a code that I know is from somewhere safe instead of random strangers from internet).

Well, if someone can confirm this works with CakesFW I may try to compile it myself I already got rxTools and HomeMenuHax to compile so I could simple compile CakesFW too.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
That's cool. Would you kindly share your build please =)
I plan on it.

I prefer the red naild model. xdd just kidding.

Anyway, I watch your video in my cellphone, but I checked you didnt hide your serial number. Take care of that
I do not think you can read it, it is just a blur anyway. :-D

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you can't read it at that resolution. Yeah i went back and had a look in fullscreen. haha Just a blurry label.
Potato phone FTW. :-P
9Ws3D5K.jpg

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Tested Brahma2Loader with CakesFW. Seems to work, however it is not reliable: got 2/5 tries. Did not test more since CakesFW seems not to work with my emuNAND (don't know why, I just get a black screen, with the 3D light off).

Well, going back to rxTools, at least it works reliable for me.

Edit: using direct booting with HomeMenuHax, lastest commit compiled by me.

Last edited by m45t3r,
Reactions: d0k3

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
thanks for the work, but not everyone has their computer set up read to compile/compile 3ds stuff, no matter how easy the OP might say it is.
it would have saved a lot of joint minutes/hours of users combined trying to get it working on their own, when that time and like 2 pages of this thread should have been saved if you would have justed posted a compiled version of it :)

Reactions: -Xin- and Kawaii

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Just for curiosity, the only .3dsx files that seems to boot rxTools reliable for me (pratically 100% boot rate, never saw a failure except from HomeMenuHax itself) is the one in attachment. I found it in a Pastebin (can't post the link here since the Pastebin includes firmware.bin).

Any other one does not work. This .3dsx is different because it makes the screen glitch, before showing rxTools boot logo. Don't know why this specific .3dsx file works better, and I can't find the source code using my Google skills.

Edit: looking in it using a Hex editor and it does seems to use Brahma too. And it does seems to use an almost vanilla version, since you can see even the options from Brahma itself as strings in the file.

Attachments

• boot.3dsx.zip
    103.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited by m45t3r,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
... and here's something else for you: Brahma2Loader source code & binaries, already modified for rxTools (binaries are in folder "/output/"). Untested, cause I can't test right now. There's no reason it should not work though.

@m45t3r, you can try if this one works for you. As for the one you compiled yourself... Is your CTRUlib on a fairly recent version? Also, @Asia81, you asked for this too ;).
- O3DS XL
- Sysnand 9.2.0-20E / Emunand 10.1
- ThemeHax 1.2
- rxTools binaries from your zip
- Boots HBL and then i start rxTools
- Reboots back to sysnand :/

Compiled myself the binaries (also for cakescfw) black screen

Last edited by DjoeN,

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I did try and set up to be able to compile though because its becoming a trend dev wanted people to compile it themselve. I dont really understand the advantage of such release strategy because not a developer myself.

It takes me few hours to find and read stuff being a noob. Once eveything set up. I type 'make'. It gives error. I give up. I guess ill be using whats available for newbie atm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1