Gaming Sounds like Bandai might release FighterZ on the Switch if IF the sales of Xenoverse 2 will be good

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,192
  • Replies 21
  • Likes 2
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
DB-FighterZ-Gameplay_06-14-17.jpg

An article recently published on Nintendo Everything states that Bandai may possibly release Dragon Ball: FighterZ for the Nintendo Switch but only after Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 For Nintendo Switch is out. As you can imagine, they'll most likely base the customers' interest on how good or bad the sales are of XV2 on the NS.

KS: There’s an overwhelmingly insane support for a Nintendo Switch version of FighterZ. Have you seen the outreach and is there anything you would like to say to them?

TH: In terms of the Switch version, we’re currently working on Xenoverse 2 for the Switch, so we want players to first go there, and then we can talk about FighterZ.

Source: Nintendo Everything

So this pretty much comes down to: Buy Xenoverse 2 on the Switch if you want FighterZ otherwise then forget it.

Yeah... no. I'm not going to buy a game I already played before and didn't really like it all that much (it's kind of like Xenoverse 1.5), plus the one I'm really excited for and am willing to pre-order is FighterZ.

@Bladexdsl You were right. Nintendo Switch's third party support is going strong. ;)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this another company like capcom, didn't someone say the same thing about Ultra Street Fighter 2 on switch, that capcom will make more games for it based on how well the game sells? Look I like capcom, and street fighter 2, is one of the biggest games of the early 1990s next to mortal kombat, but I'm not paying $40 for a game that is 25 years old. They really should have just made the game $30 retail and least a $20 eshop or SOMETHING.

If people are just playing "Trial and error" with Nintendo switch to get 3rd party games on it, then I feel is just gonna be like wii u all over again with only like 10 good 3rd party games and filled with indie games to the brim.

I don't care if xenoverse sell well or not, why would you not consider a game in high demand? Xenoverse and Fighter Z is NOT THE SAME KIND OF GAME. Street Fighter, Mega Man, Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil are NOT THE SAME KIND OF GAME. I like Fighting games, maybe I don't like MMORPG games, so that mean I won't get a chance to see a fighting game (FighterZ) on switch unless there is enough demand for MMORPG (Xenoverse) :wtf:

I'm starting to regret getting a switch now that I hear this kinda thing. I just hope nintendo really are trying this time with the system.:hateit:

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
didn't someone say the same thing about Ultra Street Fighter 2 on switch
Turns out that time it was a mistranslation but it wouldn't have been impossible because it was Capcom.

I'm starting to regret getting a switch now that I hear this kinda thing
Might as well stick with it since Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Shin Megami Tensei, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Kirby, Pokémon and all that are coming.

The hard part is that one's gotta be extremely patient with games on the Switch.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out that time it was a mistranslation but it wouldn't have been impossible because it was Capcom.
Well maybe is was, but it doesn't stop other companies from pulling the same thing. "Oh here is a game, buy it, then we will make more." I can't support people saying that. I get that it cost money for a game to get made and that what the cycle is about. But make a game and is probably something not high in demand and then say we will consider another game for the system. What if Mega man 11 was planned and you find out "Cause not many people bought ultra street fighter 2 we decided to cancel the game in favor of supporting XXXXX" I don't think is fair that many people want FighterZ on nintendo switch but will only consider it if the sales for another game completely unrelated is met.

Might as well stick with it since Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Shin Megami Tensei, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Kirby, Pokémon and all that are coming.

The hard part is that one's gotta be extremely patient with games on the Switch.
Well I got nintendo Switch Cause of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and I guess Super Mario Odyssey, but I only actually was glad to see 2 games on nintendo switch, Blaster Master Zero and Mighty Gunvolt burst. 2 Good games, original and clean price. Then you got $60 ports of Mario kart 8 Deluxe, and Lego City undercover $40 games like Super Bomber man R and Ultra Street Fighter 2 that hasn't been in production for years and people decide to just make it for a new system, $30 of Cave story + and Binding of Isaac and Puyo Puyo Tetris (which has been out in japan for years by the way) and somehow indie games that can reach $20 status like Shantae, Shovel knight, and Wonder boy remastered.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
@Sonic Angel Knight Agreed. Those two games are gems on the Switch and it's such a shame they're being kept as digital-only 'cause they would make really good retail-collectible copies.

Nintendo did a "eShop Selects" for the WiiU (only two games) so who knows if they'll perhaps do it for the Switch too.

Blaster Master Zero would likely become an instant hard to find game on physical format considering Nintendo's very stingy with quantities, so if you happen to pre-order too late then you would miss it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sonic Angel Knight Agreed. Those two games are gems on the Switch and it's such a shame they're being kept as digital-only 'cause they would make really good retail-collectible copies.

Nintendo did a "eShop Selects" for the WiiU (only two games) so who knows if they'll perhaps do it for the Switch too.

Blaster Master Zero would likely become an instant hard to find game on physical format considering Nintendo's very stingy with quantities, so if you happen to pre-order too late then you would miss it.
That game alone isn't enough to release at retail, is a small budget indie game by inti creates sold for $10, and no one would sell a switch game cart for $10, they would need to add something to that to make the whole purchase worth least $30-60, Much like how Cave story+ or even Undertake for PS4/Vita because is not a AAA game. Is a indie game, and is understood. No one wants to spend $40 on a game that is only about 4 hours of playtime to complete.

Azure striker gunvolt Striker pack is a different story, is 2 games in one, and $15 each, for a total of $30 (not including DLC) The fact it will be released on switch and have all DLC included, 60FPS and 1080P compared to 3DS, It could be $40-$60 game worth the price of buying a retail cart for.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know how I think Xenoverse 2 will fair on the Switch. But it does seem like the Switch is already filled with too many fighting games compared to other genres on the system, so I'm kind of wary of how well it may actually do. Which is unfortunate, 3rd parties need to see other 3rd parties do well to feel more encouraged to release things on the Switch. I think Rocket League and Skyrim will do pretty good on the system, and will stand as solid examples as to why other 3rd parties should be more encouraged to develop for the system. Other 3rd party titles, I'm just not sure about, like this, or any of the sports games, I'd like to see the sports games do alright, as EA and TakeTwo have a lot of other great potential titles they should be considering bringing to the Switch, having said that, I can see the sports titles not selling all that amazing on the Switch. I'd like to play FighterZ on the Switch, so I do hope Xenoverse 2 does well on the system, however, personally I'm going to pass on it though, so I'm not really helping the situation haha.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
That game alone isn't enough to release at retail, is a small budget indie game by inti creates sold for $10, and no one would sell a switch game cart for $10, they would need to add something to that to make the whole purchase worth least $30-60, Much like how Cave story+ or even Undertake for PS4/Vita because is not a AAA game. Is a indie game, and is understood. No one wants to spend $40 on a game that is only about 4 hours of playtime to complete.

Azure striker gunvolt Striker pack is a different story, is 2 games in one, and $15 each, for a total of $30 (not including DLC) The fact it will be released on switch and have all DLC included, 60FPS and 1080P compared to 3DS, It could be $40-$60 game worth the price of buying a retail cart for.

They could do a Double Pack release.

I really don't know how I think Xenoverse 2 will fair on the Switch. But it does seem like the Switch is already filled with too many fighting games compared to other genres on the system, so I'm kind of wary of how well it may actually do. Which is unfortunate, 3rd parties need to see other 3rd parties do well to feel more encouraged to release things on the Switch. I think Rocket League and Skyrim will do pretty good on the system, and will stand as solid examples as to why other 3rd parties should be more encouraged to develop for the system. Other 3rd party titles, I'm just not sure about, like this, or any of the sports games, I'd like to see the sports games do alright, as EA and TakeTwo have a lot of other great potential titles they should be considering bringing to the Switch, having said that, I can see the sports titles not selling all that amazing on the Switch. I'd like to play FighterZ on the Switch, so I do hope Xenoverse 2 does well on the system, however, personally I'm going to pass on it though, so I'm not really helping the situation haha.

If Bandai refuses to make a NS release then I'll just get it on PS4 eventually.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't think there's been a single good DragonBall Z game since the property changed hands from Atari to Bandai Namco. It feels especially odd for me, because I generally prefer BN's games over Atari's by a wide margin, but the past 7 years have all but convinced me that whatever team is in charge of the DBZ games at BN has no idea how to make fighting games.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't think there's been a single good DragonBall Z game since the property changed hands from Atari to Bandai Namco. It feels especially odd for me, because I generally prefer BN's games over Atari's by a wide margin, but the past 7 years have all but convinced me that whatever team is in charge of the DBZ games at BN has no idea how to make fighting games.
That is indeed a very unpopular opinion. If you've not found any good Dragon Ball games it's because you've not looked 'em up.

Adventure
Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure
Dragon Ball: Origins
Dragon Ball: Origins 2
Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo

Fighting
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 2
Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Butouden
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden
Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi 3
Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team
Dragon Ball Z: Raging Blast 2
Super Dragon Ball Z

RPG
Dragon Ball: Ultimate Mission
Dragon Ball: Ultimate Mission 2
Dragon Ball: Fusions
Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans

I'd also even include Dragon Ball: Evolution as technically a good game which it is because it's just Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai reskinned.

Besides these, there's also the GBC and GBA RPG games that I didn't play at the time although I did try them but never liked them very much. The characters were too small and just didn't feel the Dragon Ball-ness of it.

A sequel to DBZ:AotS would be pretty amazing but Bandai is more interested in fighting games.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
honestly i dont care those 3rd parties, ALL I need for Switch is Zelda, mario and metroid, other ones can go fuck themselves....

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I admit, I've only played about half of those. Even still, much of what you listed was published by Atari and not BN (Tenkaichi 3, for example), but I should also mention that, upon googling just now, I found that almost every game on that list (and probably every DBZ game published by Atari and BN) was developed by outside developers instead of internally, so I guess it isn't right for me to think "Atari makes the best DBZ games", but rather "Atari contracts the best DBZ games."

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I admit, I've only played about half of those. Even still, much of what you listed was published by Atari and not BN (Tenkaichi 3, for example), but I should also mention that, upon googling just now, I found that almost every game on that list (and probably every DBZ game published by Atari and BN) was developed by outside developers instead of internally, so I guess it isn't right for me to think "Atari makes the best DBZ games", but rather "Atari contracts the best DBZ games."
Well, it depends on the region and neither Bandai nor Atari really made any of these games. It was developed by Dimps, Spike and other developers.

Reactions: DarthDub

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
First, they said beg for the game and they will make a Switch port, so we begged.
Now, when we begged enough, they took back what they say and wanted us to buy their $50 s*** a** garbage of a game before porting it?
WTF is this garbage Bamco?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:creep:
I would say play this one over Dragonball Z extreme butoden. :P

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Shows FighterZ gameplay*
People: Yes the DB game we all wanted f#!k xenoverse 2
*we will release FighterZ on Nintendo Switch if our game you guys didn't really want sells well on the Switch*

Like seriously who da fuk wants to buy xenoverse 2 when they can have fighterZ not to mention whipping out an extra 60 on top of what ever xenoverse 2 price is on the switch. I have seen a lot of people jump from xenoverse to fighterZ just from gameplay footage, so I wouldn't expect the sales to be sky high since the game has already been out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.