Hacking SoundHax on 11.0.0.30E

Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello there,

I recently got my hands on my cousin's new3DS XL and I offered himto crack his console, it's actually on 11.0.0.30E and it seems to be eligible to the soundhax method, I'm following the 3ds.guide method for it and it says it may take many tries but how much exactly is "many tries", I've tried at least 30 times by now and it's still not working, my SD card seems to be properly agenced though so I don't know what is going on, anyone here has had issues with soundhax before?

Does it affect anything that he was previously using a sky3DS on the console? I already reset the console to factory default and reformated the SD card but it's not helping much...

Any help would be very welcome :D

Last edited by Idaho,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can say is double check you're using the correct sound file for your consoles region, make sure the boot.3dsx exists on the root of the SD card, and that you don't have a frankenfirm. Ask your friend if they ever used emunands with their Sky3DS or menuhacks.

Reactions: Idaho

Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the answer, I'll see about that then, I'll keep the thread updated with my progress if there's any ;)

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All I can say is double check you're using the correct sound file for your consoles region, make sure the boot.3dsx exists on the root of the SD card, and that you don't have a frankenfirm. Ask your friend if they ever used emunands with their Sky3DS or menuhacks.
he also needs the correct otherapp.bin from https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp. Download the correct one and rename it to otherapp.bin and place it in the root. Just like step 6 of the guide describes it

Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
he also needs the correct otherapp.bin from https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp. Download the correct one and rename it to otherapp.bin and place it in the root. Just like step 6 of the guide describes it

Turns out I was actually using the wrong one by mistake, by reflex I clicked in the middle thinking it was for 11.X firmwares whereas it was for 10.X firmwares, this was the cause of my problem, sorry for the fuss guys and thkans for the tips, I appreciate it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: There is some really odd DS games I liked but not sure others would like them lol