Hacking Soundhax not working, confused on what do to next.

RiZe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really know what to title this but I just got a 3DS today with 7.2.0-4E and I'm a little overwhelmed with getting CFW set up.
Following 3ds.hacks.guide, I'm up to Installing boot9strap (Soundhax), however I don't think it is working for me as I get an error has occurred when playing the sound file.
I'm not sure where to go from here at all. Anything else I read, I do not understand since I don't know anything about the 3DS.
What should I do?
Thanks.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't really know what to title this but I just got a 3DS today with 7.2.0-4E and I'm a little overwhelmed with getting CFW set up.
Following 3ds.hacks.guide, I'm up to Installing boot9strap (Soundhax), however I don't think it is working for me as I get an error has occurred when playing the sound file.
I'm not sure where to go from here at all. Anything else I read, I do not understand since I don't know anything about the 3DS.
What should I do?
Thanks.
The -4 in the version indicates your console has been updated with a cartridge rather than an online update. Soundapp is probably not on the correct version. It's worth a try downloading the Soundhax exploit file for 2.1-2.2.

Next:
Try if you can start the Homebrew Launcher with another method (like an old web browser exploit).
https://3ds.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives)

If this fails you can always update to the latest version and try Homebrew Launcher (BrowserHax 2020) path of the guide.

Good luck and have fun.

RiZe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The -4 in the version indicates your console has been updated with a cartridge rather than an online update. Soundapp is probably not on the correct version. It's worth a try downloading the Soundhax exploit file for 2.1-2.2.

Next:
Try if you can start the Homebrew Launcher with another method (like an old web browser exploit).

If this fails you can always update to the latest version and try Homebrew Launcher (BrowserHax 2020) path of the guide.

Good luck and have fun.

The exploit file for 2.1-2.2 does get a little further than the post 5.0 file, but I still get the same result sadly.
The old web exploits still need version 9 at least, so that's not an option for me.
I guess I'll have to update and do the 2020 exploit. I'll reply here later in the day once I have tried.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
[…]
The old web exploits still need version 9 at least, so that's not an option for me.
[…]
That is not fully true (although the chart on the guide says so). There are multiple browser exploits and I used one on a O2DS with 6.0.0-12E to install B9S.

But since the methods for hacking latest firmware have improved greatly there is not much reason to stay on low versions.

lilyuwuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
`-4` can be a bit of a risky browser version, because if the previous owner(?) cart updated from a 2.1 ctrtransfer there's a chance that you'll be unable to update the console. If this is the case you might have some trouble getting into hbl

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

RiZe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Next:

Good luck and have fun.

Oops I forgot to update this.
From the 3ds hacks guide site, I was given the understanding that the most recent versions weren't exploitable.
However, I updated and followed the 2020 guide. Everything appears to be working as intended.
Thanks everyone for the info!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol