Hardware Sound went mono

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I was on skype with a friend yesterday, sound was perfectly fine until i started hearing his voice on only one side of the headphones, thought they were broken but tried them elswhere and they were just fine. I tried messing around in the control panel and in the place where they ask you to test sounds and such the left side doesn't make any sound when i click it, help?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do other headphones/speakers in the same port suffer the same issue? If so then usually a dirty pin (get some non automotive contact cleaner) or broken connection internally (bust out the soldering iron). It can be worse but those are the big two if cables are not the issue.

If you have a liveCD do you have the same problem there? This should eliminate nearly all software issues bar really crazy things that will see you replacing or bypassing something.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do other headphones/speakers in the same port suffer the same issue? If so then usually a dirty pin (get some non automotive contact cleaner) or broken connection internally (bust out the soldering iron). It can be worse but those are the big two if cables are not the issue.

If you have a liveCD do you have the same problem there? This should eliminate nearly all software issues bar really crazy things that will see you replacing or bypassing something.

Yeah, i tried using other heaphones and I had the same issue.
Thanks, i'll give it a try and report back.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if your audio output was switched to mono, you'd get monaural audio from both the left and right speakers, not just one channel from one speaker - I can't see this being anything other than a hardware problem since you get a single audio channel output to a single speaker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool