Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, I have a pretty good pair of headphones, but with my computer, (not other things) the sound doesnt seem to get very loud, even with everything turned up. Am I missing some hidden secret thing that is capping the sound?

say on youtube... when I play a video at max everything, this is about where the sound meter stays at

sound.jpg

I want it so the volume can be TOO lound, so I have to lower the volume sometimes, instead of the volume being too low, like it is most of the time.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty......it sounds like some of your sound card's volume levels are set too low.

First off, what sound card do you have in your PC? Is it the built-in kind or an actual sound card?

If it's an actual sound card, you should have access to a mixer in Program Files. Make sure EVERYTHING is set to at least 80%.

If it's an onboard sound card, do you have the speaker icon in your taskbar by the clock? If so, select "open volume control" and turn all the sliders up to at least 80%. (you can crank them to 100%, but that MAY cause noise issues......try it and judge for yourself) You should to go into "options" (in that window) and select "advanced controls" to see all the sliders.

If you don't have the speaker icon in the taskbar, and you have onboard sound, then go into Control Panel, click "Sound and Audio Devices". The first window that comes up will have an option to add the icon to the taskbar. Make sure it is checked. Then see the 2nd sentence of the previous paragraph.

Hope that helps ya!
smile.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does it look the same when you play a song in winamp or something? Could be a couple different things.

Oh, and better headphones usually have high impedance levels making things quiter.

Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
every slider is turned to max... I didn't find any with %s though... (I found out that I can do some cool things to my sound, like change the pitch of what I hear, or change the environment (like makes it echoy and stuff. I like messing with songs that I like to see how they sound weird.)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.... it's likely that the vid in question was just recorded at a low volume level.

While there MAY be something you could do about that, I don't know what program you would use to achieve that ability.

Sorry.

Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.... it's likely that the vid in question was just recorded at a low volume level.

While there MAY be something you could do about that, I don't know what program you would use to achieve that ability.

Sorry.
ah... that brings me to another point... is there a way to increase the volume of a video without making it sound all crackly? is the cracking from increasing the volume? or the speakers not able to handle it? I got a video and put it on my PSP and its WAY to quiet, so I had the converter increase the volume when it converts it, and then it was all crackly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: