Sound Tearing in GC Original discs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by alfredogab, Mar 25, 2014.

1. alfredogab
    OP

alfredogab Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    Venezuela
    I recently softmodded my wii. I did a syscheck and did everything ModMii suggested me to do. But after i was done i realised i accidentally installed Dios Mios Lite (I do not need these as i have original gc discs, and it was suggested to me by a friend that i get rid of it to prevent problems) so i replaced it with the original Mios (RVL, M10).

But when i went to play some of my Gamecube games, there was this very noticeable, loud sound tearing, making it really annoying to play. I also got a few black screens during loading sequences.
    Any idea what's the problem, and if there's a way to fix this? I have already tried reinstalling the Mios

I apologize if i didnt write something properly, english is not my native language

2. RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Maybe the Mios file you downloaded was corrupt. Try downloading Mios from another site

3. alfredogab
    OP

alfredogab Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    Venezuela

I tried downloading them elsewere or using Mios Patcher, but the result is the same. Perhaps it isnt a Mios problem? I'll post a syscheck just in case someone can see something wrong that i cant
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Edit: after posting this, i noticed BC v6, above the Mios. I Googled it and it seems to be bundled with DML in some instances, is it safe to delete it using anytitle deleter and see if that works?

4. portugeek

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    If I remember correctly, the Wii needs BC to call the MIOS for the Wii to switch into GameCube Mode. So you don't want to delete it. Try installing RVL-BC-v5 instead. There's only one BC slot so installing BC v5 will overwrite and get rid of BC v6. -- I have v5 and my GameCube games are running fine.

EDIT: I've noticed a lot of people running BC v4 as well.

5. alfredogab
    OP

alfredogab Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    Venezuela
    Thanks so much! It works now!, i installed the BC v5. I think the faulty version i had was for No More Memory on DML.

RodrigoDavy and portugeek like this.