Hacking Sound Over-amped on latest M3Sakura?

StyrofoamSquirre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is my first post here, so go easy on me. Also, if my nick's been cut off, that's the forums' fault, not mine. Anyhow, here's the situation:

I bought a M3DS Real Perfect Bundle a while ago (which I know isn't a fake btw) and initially I used the default firmware that came from the official site. Later on I started using M3 Sakura, which version that was I cannot recall for sure. In any case, there's been a period of letting my DS collect dust, after which I redownloaded Sakura after formatting my SD (I had used it for other stuff in the meantime). This version was 1.41 and played most of the games I threw at it, only a few games wouldn't load - ones I didn't really care much about anyway. The sound was fine on this version, to my recollection.

But now, after another period of dust-collecting, I downloaded the most recent M3 Sakura version from the M3 Sakura FAQ thread on these forums and started copying in the same ROMs as I used on the previous version. However, some games produce awful sound quality, almost as if it were over-amped (hence my thread title) and the sound gets distorted as a result. Some examples:

Giana Sisters DS : when collecting numerous gems in a row very fast, the sound gets distorted (great game btw, must-have if you're nostalgic)
Puzzle Quest - Challenge of the Warlords : extremely loud music and very distorted
Time Hollow : Most speech sounds distorted, but the background music seems fine, at least for the time I tested it

All distortions are present even at the lowest sound level possible using the DS volume slider. In fact, moving the slider up just enough for the sound to appear seems a bit louder than it really should at that level. Getting tired of the buggy sound I dug up the previous version again and tested it with the *same* ROMs and they all sounded fine.

So my real question here is, does the newest M3 Sakura have known sound issues and is there a workaround for it? For example, is there a way to reduce the sound volume the games make other than the volume slider, which already mentioned does not help with the distortions (i.e. config files or something)?

Considering the older firmware doesn't distort the sound, I take that as a sign that it isn't my DS nor my M3DS Real that's broken.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if it's the m3 then we have our first known bug for the latest sakura! congrats on finding it.
smile.gif
ill add this to my suggestion list in a day or 2. have important Boy Scout things to do first

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM