Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that my NDSL has richer sound when I pull the jack a little bit back from complete insertion, before there is loss of sound from the left or right ear. The difference is night and day for me... or so I think. I can feel the bass when the jack is pulled back slightly, but when I push it back in to normal position, I lose all of the "detail". Does anybody else have this problem? I'm still under warranty, do you think I can get it fixed? I might give old Ninty a call during the weekday.

So I have some questions for people that use headphones often:

Does the startup sound for NDSL sound like the audio moving from left to right ear, like in some full stereo songs? (Basically, it sounds AND feels cool. There is a bit of bass coming out from it.)

Or should it have just a monotone sound?

Does it sound better when you pull the headphone jack a little bit back slightly or is there no difference?

Thanks a for any of your input. :'(

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess this is for anyone with the same problem: I figured it out. I would like to thank DSDiagnose for my discovery.

The audio becomes mono when I plug in my headphones all the way, but are outputting stereo when I pull the plug out slightly. Confirmed with three other sets of headphones.

Does anybody know the cause of this from the top of their head? I'm no audio hardware expert, but I did find out the problem. Is anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Cross my fingers that Nintendo will fix this under warranty.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I get it sometimes but not very often, usually if I twist the headphone plug 180 degrees it goes away. I only play with headphones late at night though, usually in just one ear so I've never gotten around to working out exactly when or why it happens. (and I can't get it to do it now because it's behaving itself. I won't complain
happy.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1