Homebrew Sound issues with Ninjhax?

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are any of the included apps supposed to have sound? I've downloaded and ran the blargSNES emulator, along with a version that's said to support sound yet I don't hear anything. I've also ran each of the included apps and have yet to hear anything. I think I'm missing something unless none of the above have sound support.

edit: It's working now, I messed up something with the file organization I believe with trying multiple copies of blarg yet the cube demo didn't have sound initially and now it does. Either way, it's working. :)

Kadin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry, should have specified that. Nope I'm on a 3DS XL with 9.2.0-20U.

I don't think there is sound yet though I might be wrong.
Yeah I thought the same at first but then I saw here that Smea states the blarg emu has sound so now I'm not sure what to think, lol.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely have sound working in both blargSNES and GameYob. I know there are a few different blargSNES versions out there, I believe the one with sound support is the one linked here. Sound is very stuttery though, but definitely does work.

Kadin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely have sound working in both blargSNES and GameYob. I know there are a few different blargSNES versions out there, I believe the one with sound support is the one linked here. Sound is very stuttery though, but definitely does work.

Yeah that's the version I have. I even cleared out the Cubic Ninja memory completely and recreated a new QR code just to be safe... still nothing. hrm...

edit: okay now I have sound in the cube demo and I didn't change anything. Maybe it's just glitchy?

cozmosauce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh sorry, should have specified that. Nope I'm on a 3DS XL with 9.2.0-20U.

Yeah I thought the same at first but then I saw here that Smea states the blarg emu has sound so now I'm not sure what to think, lol.

At least there is some sound. Especially on the emulators because retro games just aren't the same without the sound. I can't wait to emulate Virtual Boy...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's definitely sound support. I've tried the snes build with sound support. It's not perfect (cracking sound sometimes), but still pretty nice.

Kadin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay wiped the files on the memory card and installed them and now it's working. Sorry to waste everyone's time with this thread, I clearly boned something up. Nothing more to see here, thanks for the help guys!

komatta

Trophies
XP
Country
I have yet to hear any sound using the Ninjhax.
I have a New 3DS LL (Japanese model).
It's updated it to the latest firmware, Ver. 9.2.0-20J.
I have tried installing/re-installing NinjHax several times.
I have tried two different Cubic Ninja carts.
I have tried multiple microSD cards.
I have tried formatting/wiping the microSD several times.
I have tried the starter.zip file listed on this website and the starter.zip file listed on the NinjHax website.
I have tried starting the hack with the sound slider off and with it on.
After going through the process of installing the hack several times, I am convinced that it is installed correctly.
I have tried everything that I can think of and nothing seems to get the sound to work with cube3d, blargSNES, or gameyob.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have yet to hear any sound using the Ninjhax.
I have a New 3DS LL (Japanese model).
It's updated it to the latest firmware, Ver. 9.2.0-20J.
I have tried installing/re-installing NinjHax several times.
I have tried two different Cubic Ninja carts.
I have tried multiple microSD cards.
I have tried formatting/wiping the microSD several times.
I have tried the starter.zip file listed on this website and the starter.zip file listed on the NinjHax website.
I have tried starting the hack with the sound slider off and with it on.
After going through the process of installing the hack several times, I am convinced that it is installed correctly.
I have tried everything that I can think of and nothing seems to get the sound to work with cube3d, blargSNES, or gameyob.

From blargSnes's readme :

Homebrew Launcher / Ninjhax

Copy the blargSnes folder into the 3ds folder on your SD card.

Due to limitations, you will not get sound if you use this method on a New 3DS. 'Old' 3DS users will get sound.

You can do wathever you want, you will NOT have any sound with BlargSnes (or any homebrew using CSND) on your New 3DS until DSP is implemented (need reverse engineering). Next time you should just read the readme to save your time ;)

http://gbatemp.net/threads/blargsnes-snes-emulator-for-the-3ds-wip.369900/page-46#post-5181246

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's certainly better than the first but it's not awesome either.