Sound Issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by anime513, Jun 5, 2010.

Jun 5, 2010

Sound Issue by anime513 at 7:24 PM (431 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. anime513
    OP

Newcomer anime513 Newbie

United States
    When ever I exit from the Homebrew Channel to the Wii Menu, the sound becomes distorted. It's still producing the right sound, but it's become sort of fuzzy. It doesn't happen when I exit to the Wii Menu from any sort of app, but only if I exit directly from the Homebrew Channel. It becomes normal again once I reboot though. This lower quality sound is also reproduced when I use Usb Loader GX. It doesn't happen in game or anything, but when I'm using the loader's menu. Any ideas?

2. anime513
    OP

Newcomer anime513 Newbie

United States
    Thanks for your quick reply. Well the cables are nice and secure. I installed priiloader recently actually, but the same issues were present before. I disabled the hacks anyway, but still got the same results. As for the Homebrew Channel, reinstalled and updated to the latest version and still no go. Also if it helps, I'm running CIOS38 rev17 (the issue was still present on rev7, which I was using before) and firmware 4.1U.

3. anime513
    OP

Newcomer anime513 Newbie

United States
    Well I don't believe I've ever had this issue before. Plus it only happens after the specific locations I've mentioned before. It's possible that the issue might of been there before, but installing the homebrew channel was one of the first things I did since I got it. Also I believe this issue has been brought up before on other sites since I've seen it asked before, but I've never found an answer.

Here's an example of where I've found the same issue:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel/B...omebrew_channel

Edit: I've noticed that after uninstalling and reinstalling the Homebrew Channel, that the sound issue has gone away when exiting from the Homebrew Channel to the Wii Menu, but it is still present in the Usb Loader GX. Doesn't happen in game or anything, just in the loader's menu.

Edit2: Never mind, the issue still occurs when going from the Homebrew Channel to the Wii Menu, but at random.