Gaming Soul Calibur Legends - Confirmed!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From IGN:
"The Wii isn't known just yet for its vast array of 3D fighters. And that's not going to change even with the announcement of Soul Calibur Legends for the system.

First appearing in this week's issue of Famitsu, Legends is described as an action adventure game rather than a fighter. Set in the 16th century, players will be able to meet characters from the Soul Calibur world and experience sword-based combat that makes use of the Wiimote.

Famitsu was able to unveil nothing more than a logo for the game and did not even provide a release date. We presume this means a release is a ways off."

Dunno what Ign are on about, theres loads of fighters coming to the Wii. Anyway, this is great news for Nintendo's Wii yet another big name to added. Hears hoping Rockstars Table Tennis game isn't just a rumour too!

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
It had better have Link.
tongue.gif

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's kind of...sad. Soul Calibur is the best 3d fighter I know of, but this? I don't know.. Would have been alright if they just did some classic controller stuff.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noooooooooo! Soul Calibur is one of the few good games Namco havn't yet ruined! But now they're about to! This reeks of Nina Death by Degrees.
frown.gif

Still it could be good... I'm kinda imagining Soul Calibur meets PSO meets Dynasty Warriors meets Shenmue, but I think thats setting my sights a little too high. I just don't know how well the intricacy of the combat system will translate to a hack and slash adventure with "flailing arm" Wii remote controls.
unsure.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FUCK yeah! I NEED a Soul Calibur game. I could only play it at other places because I never got a console until now... Well, I guess I could get the Gamecube version but I like the idea of tacked on motion controls.
wink.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
FUCK yeah! I NEED a Soul Calibur game. I could only play it at other places because I never got a console until now... Well, I guess I could get the Gamecube version but I like the idea of tacked on motion controls.
wink.gif

Adventure game with Soul Calibur characters, not the same
frown.gif

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This was actually stated by IGN's Matt a few days ago unofficially on the Wii-kend review.

It shouldn't be too bad though, We have the gamecube version for fighting and this version for adventure.. it might turn out ok..

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sure namco said that Soul Calibur 4 would be a multi platform game, including the Wii - s maybe this game is in addition to Soul Calibur 4

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Soul Calibur 3 was a much smoother and balanced fighter in my opinion. People are just gay for link that they're willing to overlook better gameplay.

Also, this kind of reminds me of Eirghiest (spelling) and Tobal No. 1 in that it's an adventure game made out of fighting game.

pandas0nic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i just loved Tobal No.1
smile.gif

the adventure part of it wasnt that bad as it goes.. i welcome something fresh and new to the soul calibur series, even if its not going to be a dedicated fighter... i didnt get the wii for fighting games mostly anyway, althouhg i am a big fighting game fan but i think the other consoles are gonna pretty much get that genre nailed down what with their DOA's and VF's.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i rememeber HATING 3d fighters until soul calubir on DC then soul calibur 2 on GC. so long as SC4 is headed for wii eventually, i can live with an adventure/weapons game

and what ever happened to death by degrees?

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I hope so, the GC version of SCII was the most successful, and we all know what happened with SC III.

haha i just played SC3 again a few days ago, what a nostalgia.....
i was so piss off when they kill raphael's movelist, as far as i remmember i was cursing namco to the death
by doing that
biggrin.gif

but now i realize how to utilize he new movesets and his strength, but still i miss the SC2 raph.
i hope SC4 is multiplatform, but somehow my instincs tells me its not.

QUOTESoul Calibur 3 was a much smoother and balanced fighter in my opinion. People are just gay for link that they're willing to overlook better gameplay.

well i think a lot of people got mad bec:
- its not multi platform
- they tweak some char
- its in PS2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1