Gaming Soul Calibur 4

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
f

holy shit this game is hilarious online

The custom character system... ;-;

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would if I had the proper system for it. Can't take it online anyway...

I wonder how they improved the Create-a-Soul system from 3? I know I've made plenty of interesting characters with that alone. =P

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am having a blast with it. And in the most hilarious way, too. I even made a little kid cry at one point.

I made a pretty much near naked girl character with kitty ears, paws, feet wielding a giant squid sword. I get some fun reactions over the voice, but moreso it makes me laugh when sometimes the opponent doesn't even make an opening attack because they're too busy going "uhh", so they don't do a thing while they have a giant squid smash them in the skull.

I am loving this game.
smile.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:

I wonder how they improved the Create-a-Soul system from 3? I know I've made plenty of interesting characters with that alone. =P
It was improved fucktons

ryanef8.jpg

here we have an old man, with a monocle.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:

My thoughts are mixed. While the mode in general has greatly improved, with more to customize, edit, toy around with ect, they did something that I have mixed feelings on. Each piece of equipment has stats for Attack/Defense/HP which change as you use them. On top of that some give you bonuses to certain gauges, which you can use to equip special bonuses onto your character. While these only affect the Story, Tower of Souls, and Special Versus, it still gets annoying. To make a character with not failure for stats, they essentially need to look like a you were picking out clothes from your closet in the dark.
wacko.gif

Linki if you have Live I'll take you on over it whenever.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Linkiboy said:
Doomsday Forte said:

It was improved fucktons

Hmm, you still need to unlock the Apprentice. Play as Yoda in arcade mode!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hell while we're on the subject, if there's anyone that wants to face me, add my Gamertag to your friends list, just give me your GBATemp name so I know it's not some nameless guy.

Gamertag is Gaisuto. Real original huh?
biggrin.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
Linkiboy said:
Doomsday Forte said:

It was improved fucktons

Hmm, you still need to unlock the Apprentice. Play as Yoda in arcade mode!
That pic was taken early yesterday, I already got a bunch more characters.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Hell while we're on the subject, if there's anyone that wants to face me, add my Gamertag to your friends list, just give me your GBATemp name so I know it's not some nameless guy.

biggrin.gif
What happened to Gaikage? I added him a long time ago...

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Gaisuto said:

biggrin.gif
What happened to Gaikage? I added him a long time ago...
When my 360 red ringed in January I never repaired it and left it sitting because it was modded, thinking I couldn't do anything about it. It was only until recently when I found out I could so I got it fixed. Not modded anymore but eh. During that time my account froze, and when I called about it they said I needed to pay like $30 to unfreeze it. Screw that, I just made another one.

My friend is finishing up an Arcade mode, I'll play when he finishes this up. He's almost done, struggling against the Apprentice. :-P

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Anyone beat the Tower yet? I got to floor 24 or something before it started getting ridiculously hard.
I used forward forward B with Yoda to clear about 15 floors with ringouts lol xD
Have you seen the requirements to unlock stuff on each floor x_X not gonna happen me thinks.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>_____> niiighttmaaaareee......

Gaisuto, I can't believe you actually lost to my Ryan character, no one loses to him.

I hate nightmare. I sound noob for this, but you can't block against most of his attacks, he's really hard to grab, and once he's got you in a combo, you can't get out of it. I demonstrated this when I beat you with nightmare in the last battle.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't use the Apprentice. I am only good with Nightmare, and decent with Raphael. Anyone else I get clobbered, and I wanted to try somebody else. And by the way, thanks for trautizing my friends with your "Ryan." Now they can't sleep or eat. :X

And yeah, I noticed. Once you got the momentum going with Nightmare, it's pretty much over as it's damn hard to stop.

On the plus side, I did get the World Traveler achievement while playing against you. Yay!

Thug4L1f3 said:
Anyone beat the Tower yet? I got to floor 24 or something before it started getting ridiculously hard.
I used forward forward B with Yoda to clear about 15 floors with ringouts lol xD
Have you seen the requirements to unlock stuff on each floor x_X not gonna happen me thinks.
Yeah I'm probably not even going to get all of them. A lot of the goals aren't worth it. Although I unlocked a stage from one of them, the seesaw version of the Circus...So some I guess are worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone