Homebrew SotN and WiiSX

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this game playing well enough on this emulator? I'm wanting to try it but not sure if I should waste my time so I thought I would ask if anyone here has tried it with the latest WiiSX.

From the wiki:

QUOTE said:
Runs extremely well, although the sound is very choppy

But then at the end it says:

QUOTEWith Beta2 Mod01 over USB, it's working 100% fine with dynarec+limit+skip

So is it working 100& fine? Or is everything 100% fine except for the sound? And if it is working 100%, what version should I grab? On the wiki there's a section for the official version and then there's a section for the unofficial.

Thanks for any help. Never played this game and I'm pretty anxious to.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played it all the way through a while back, before the Beta2, though I played it off of a SD Card. The game ran at full speed with no problems, until it came to saving. The saving process easily took 35 seconds or more, and at times I thought it had crashed. (It never did though.) Never experienced any graphical glitches, either.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends what you plan to play the game off. i cant speak for sd but from a usb hdd if you use the original release you will experience some problems, if you use the unoffical build which has usb2 speeds the game seems to run fine

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thank you for the info guys. I'm going to be playing it off of USB(an 8gb thumb drive). But what unofficial build should I use? The first one that is listed, beta2 mod1?

EDIT: Also, it should work if I put Wiisx on my SD and the game on my USB?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it was up to mod 2 last time i checked but it is by mattguitarist, he has made a few but he felt the one that ran off cios 222 was faster than the one he made that ran off ios58. as for what you suggested about running the emu off sd and the games off usb, i dont see why it wouldnt work

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going to try the Mod04b based on beta 2.1. As this one doesn't require any specific cios to be installed. And I'm not sure if I have the one installed for the others ones to run on.

I'll give this a try and let you guys know what I think.

Thanks again for the help.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got the controller issue worked out. I had to put the bios on my USB and load the game through the bios. So the CC now works in the game. But now I've ran into a new problem, the frame rate and the audio is choppy. I thought this was supposed to be 100%? Anyone have any advice on what I can do to get things working correctly?

EDIT: Finally success! The problem with the choppiness was coming from my 8GB flash drive. Once I threw the game on my SD card everything is running beautifully. The CC works, and the frame rate/sound are flawless so far. Right now it seems 100%.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a huge deal. If games are playing fast off my SD card then I guess I'll stick with that. Eventhough I can put more games on the USB. I'll constantly have to switch out games on the SD card.

Thanks for the help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Set the controller to Digital (disable Analog setting).
Castlevania was released before Analog controllers creation, so the game is not compatible with them. There are a lot of games like that.

Analog controllers had a switch to enable/disable analog sticks for older games.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Is it possible to use a GC controller somehow?

I tried it a while ago with Crash Bandicoot but the buttons didn't seem to work for some reason. :-/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1