SOS blue screen of death

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by susanoomon, Oct 21, 2015.

1. susanoomon
    OP

susanoomon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    I recently installed tn-v11 on my vita 3.55 then did the mistake of uninstalling it to use ark to add a psx game... Then after I reinstalled tn-v11 I went to try it, it gave me the blue screen of death now I can't use tn-v11 without it coming up I even got rid of the files I used to get the psx game on it in the first place... Is there anyway I can fix tn-v11 or am I out of luck in ever using it again

2. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    (PSP VITA can't boot just about all non psn games, so you will have a blue screen, thats not a problem, use a PSN Game (they all run with slowdown so bare), or just add PSP .ISO/.CSO games to your "TNV_00000" folder from your PC named "GAME.ISO or GAME.CSO" all caps, example "Breath of Fire 3 Europe.cso to BOF3.CSO", then transfer the save your psp and TNV will identify the game, then you press "Triangle" once the game is highlighted and select "INSTALL" to move the game to your ISO folder, so you can delete the save and transfer another game)

You need a "Clean Copy" of "Mimana Iyar Chronicle" to redue the TNV or ARK, you've deleted "Mimana Iyar Chronicle" and both Game Saves to remove the hack. Yes? The Hack Modifies the "Mimana Iyar Chronicle" game files, when you originally downloaded the "Mimana Iyar Chronicle" game from PSN did you "Copy to PC" the game, and then backup the "PGAME" folder on your PC? If the answer is NO, you must do that now, before Sony updates the firmware 3.55 or removes the "Mimana Iyar Chronicle" from being re-downloaded. You will always use your "CLEAN COPY" just copy/paste the "PGAME" folder with the game back to your PSP VITA folder Content Manager creates on your PC, for the future reference. (You cannot reuse the game files on your PC in the "PGAME" folder without replacing them and the save game files, because they've been modified, so you must replace them with a clean copy you backed up or re-download and then backup before its too late to do this)

I've stated this several times in a guide I've posted, so people would not complain about being unable to reinstall the Hack. (You will need your license files, and you can use someone else's Mimana Iyar Chronicle backup files if you can't get the file from PSN).

I've reinstalled TNV and ARK at least or more than 10 times each, so you shouldn't have any problems if you listen carefully, right now I'm simply done everything I wanted to do.

Last edited by yeshuachrist, Oct 21, 2015
  3. susanoomon
    OP

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Does that mean deleting the game completely from the pgame file on the pc then putting the backed up game in there again cause I've been pasting the clean file over the bad one

4. TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2013
    United States
    It means copying the game itself (not just the save data) back onto your vita in the original state. If you backed it up to your PC before copying the SAVEDATA exploit, you can use that. Otherwise, just delete it off your Vita altogether and re-download from PSN. Then go through the steps to install the hack again.

5. susanoomon
    OP

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    I've done that with all of the files needed to install the tn-v11 but it still gives me the blue screen of death I've even tried doing it with the psn redownload too

6. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    The blue screen is only from incompatible PS1 Games or non PSN PS1 Games. Playstation 1 games run poorly with the hack, so best not go though all the trouble anyway. Have you gotten any PSP games working so far? (you can't use a PSP Vita game that you backed up in your PSP Vita just by renaming it to EBOOT.PBP and transfering it over, its in a different format, you have to use the original PSP and download from PSN or find a working dump).

Last edited by yeshuachrist, Oct 21, 2015
  7. susanoomon
    OP

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Yes I did get phantasy star portable 2 working but I had deleted it sence getting the blue screen now I'm wondering if something is lingering on the vita that I'm not seeing...

Last edited by susanoomon, Oct 21, 2015