Sorting Games List

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by cribby08, Oct 26, 2007.

Oct 26, 2007

Sorting Games List by cribby08 at 10:50 PM (1,074 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. cribby08
    OP

Member cribby08 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just got a g6real 2gig and for some reason every time I sort the games it will not stay sorted. I even tried to sort them on my computer first and still they are out of order.

Anyone know how to fix?

Also is it possible to play lameboy? I tried it and it just hangs on the loading screen

thanks.

2. cribby08
    OP

United States
    I saw this same post on the m3/g6 forums and no one seems to know [​IMG]

Seems that it would be simple.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    AFAIK, the G6 Real will only DLDI autopatch homebrew that is in the root folder of the cart. If that's not where you put lameboy.nds, try putting it there and see if it works.

4. bulletmark

Member bulletmark GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    It's a bug which the g6team have acknowledged and said they will fix - but never do in the recent firmwares which have been released. That bug, and the bug whereby you can't make the G6 auto-boot directly into the games list, annoy the hell out of me. I don't want eye-candy changes in the G6 firmware, I just want these basic 2 user interface issues fixed please! [​IMG]

5. Tenement Funster

Newcomer Tenement Funster Member

United States
    So, if I put all my homebrew in it's own folder after running it from the root folder to DLDI patch it, it should work? I sure hope so, my root folder is currently a big mess!

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    No. The autopatching does not modify the file, it applies the patch in real time.

There is a standalone DLDI driver for the G6 Real. You could get that and patch your homebrew apps manually, then put them wherever you want on the cart (I think, I don't have a G6 Real to test it out).

You can get the driver and tools to apply it from the DLDI Wiki.

7. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    No it does not work like that. I've tried. It always has to be in the root directory for some reason (even after patching)

The reason for the sorting thing is that it does not sort of default, so the games list will be in chronological order from time of putting them onto the card

8. DarthYoshi

Member DarthYoshi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use something called MCTools on my G6DS Real 1gig to sort my files. After I downloaded it, I used the one in the M3CF folder (I think that was the folder name...)

Then after you boot it, press "A" to sort your card alphabetically. DON'T press "X" or "Y" though. When I did it totally messed up my card and I had to format it. It's a good thing I backed up my files. Make sure you back up your files before you use it.

9. cribby08
    OP

United States

Thanks alot Tenement Funster both your suggestions worked well.