Sorry noob question, installing Homebrew Launcher on 11.2?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YamiJustin, Dec 4, 2016.

1. YamiJustin
    OP

YamiJustin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2011
    United States
    I was interested in adding an undub to Fire Emblem Fates but would need access to the Homebrew Launcher. I am on the latest firmware so I know I cannot hack my firmware, but am I able to get the launcher on or no?

2. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Note that the homebrew launcher is not 'installed'. It can be accessed via an entrypoint, which requires an exploitable game. On 11.2, there are three games that you can use (without requiring another 3DS with homebrew access) — Cubic Ninja, Freakyforms Deluxe, and Ocarina of Time 3D (which also requires a Powersaves device). Here's a list of homebrew entrypoints and what system versions they can be used on.

Last edited by Xiphiidae, Dec 4, 2016
    HyperT likes this.
  3. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    You need an exploit since menuhax already patch on 11.2. But any exploits that support 11.2 is a bit hard to use nor secondary one.
    So. I suggest you finding someone to help you do DSiWare ASAP before you can't.

4. YamiJustin
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2011
    United States
    Freakyhax, sounds like an easier method than the OoT one (I lack powersaves). That works on the latest firmware? Thanks for thee replies~

5. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yes, freakyhax works on 11.2, but OoT+Powersaves will probably be cheaper and easier to get than a copy of Freakyforms.

6. YamiJustin
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2011
    United States
    Oh really? I own OoT the original already. Is freakyforms not on the eshop? :O

7. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    No, Freakyforms was taken off the eShop the day that freakyhax was released. Freakyforms cartridges are becoming more expensive and difficult for people to get a hold of, at least here in Australia.

If you already own a cartridge of OoT, I recommend purchasing a Powersaves 3DS.

8. YamiJustin
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2011
    United States
    Okay thanks I might try Powersaves then, never used it before.

I do wonder if Nintendo has to pay a lot of money to the devs/owners of games like Freakyforms. "Hey guys just letting you know someone exploited our firmware using your game so yeaah we removed it no more eshop sales, please understand"