Sorry Justin Bieber. Even Nintendo hates you.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
p8c5M.jpg

Obnoxious teen sensation Justin Bieber - or, at least, his people - wanted to use the iconic Super Mario Bros. theme in his upcoming movie. Curiously, Nintendo said "nothankyou.jpg".

Love him or hate him, this kid is one of the biggest things in entertainment right now, and "Never Say Never", his movie/promotion vehicle due to be released later this year will undoubtedly be one of the biggest flicks of the year. At least in terms of money made.

Why, then, is the "film's" director John Chu complaining "aw C'mon Nintendo! Y won't u let us use the Mario theme for 15 secs in the @Justinbieber movie...talk about free advertising passed up. Oops."

You could argue that, having let the Scott Pilgrim movie use the Zelda theme last year, they're being picky with which properties are associated with their brand. Or that Chu is being punished for his atrocious use of "text speak".

Then again, this is Nintendo we're talking about. The same Nintendo who thought this was a good idea.[/p]

Source

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They've have Jedward promote Dragon Quest IX, but they draw the line at Justin Beiber.

But really I think it's because they just are afraid the Mario license can't be used right in theatrical film.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
myuusmeow said:
Interesting they let Scott Pilgrim use the LTTP theme as the first thing in the movie but not the Mario theme for Bieber.

I'm not a big fan of either Scott Pilgrim, nor Michael Cera, but I still can't say I disagree with their decision. On a business standpoint, if they followed through with it, they would be labelled sellouts. However, Scott Pilgrim is built around retro video game references, so the decision was natural and simple.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
Interesting they let Scott Pilgrim use the LTTP theme as the first thing in the movie but not the Mario theme for Bieber.

That's because the Scott Pilgrim movie was actually good...Justin Bieber on the other hand...

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm Nintendo said 'No Chance!' To Justin Bieber, he's giving us Justin's (Yeah my name is Justin also) a bad rep! He's flirting, hitting any kind of gal he sees while not focusing on his career as a whole! I swear if he does get a chance to make his own album it will mostly be love soundtracks mixed with enimem influence into them.
dry.gif

Justin Bieber needs to rip his contract now will he's still ahead, don't end up like one of P. Diddy bankruptcy's.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
myuusmeow said:
Well, probably because Scott Pilgrim is just awesome. If they had Mario in the jb movie Ninty would lose fans that hate jb. Including me
smile.gif
Well, unless they make jb dress up like a fat plumber.

Screw Justin Beiber, have a nice beer
grog.gif

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo, not only do you get a cookie, you also get a slice of Princess Peach's cake.

I mean, what could they possibly have used the Super Mario theme in a Justin Bieber movie for? It wouldn't make the movie better (but nothing could make that movie better), it would just make Mario look worse. Besides, most of the time anytime Nintendo lends the Mario license to someone, it always ends up badly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality