Gaming Sorry if I sound thick but...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No idea but you mentioned lagging in Metal Slug and i just thought i'd comment on the performance difference between ISO's and CSO's for some games. Sometimes it won't really matter but other times you'll notice increased benefit from having a game as an ISO. Same thing goes for the Memory Stick Access Speed Up option.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Metal Slug only lags ever so slightly, and I've only noticed it in the game select menu when selecting new game or load, the background slows down a bit. Hardly a major issue.

And what memory card access speed up option?

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Metal Slug only lags ever so slightly, and I've only noticed it in the game select menu when selecting new game or load, the background slows down a bit. Hardly a major issue.

And what memory card access speed up option?
an option in the vhs menu and recovery menu

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
I've given up using my PSP as a music player now, I'll stick to my Cyclo for media duty. My PSP is reserved for my GBA emulator, PS1 games, and PSP CSO's now. Strictly for gaming. Hopefully the HellCat Recovery Flasher will allow me to downgrade my firmware to get my PSN version of FF9 working, once I have that available I won't need much else for a fortnight or so.
ohmy.gif

youve gotta be doing something wrong man... your memory card either A.) needs a format like crazy, or B.) is plain shit. my psp has played every mp3 i have ever put on it without any problems.

and i dunno about cyclo, but for me, playing songs on my M3 real / sakura songs would kinda skip/stall, it just seemed like it barely had enough power to keep decrypting the audio and playing it smoothly.

figure out whats up with the psp man, its such a better media player...

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
I wasn't aware there was any difference between ISO and CSO aside from the file size. The CSO is taking up over 700MB, I dread to think what the ISO will cost my poor little 4GB card. If it's gonna be such a space drainer I may as well just buy the damn thing.

The .CSO is compressed so it has to decompress which can lead to choppy games.

Dummy unneeded audio and video files and then compress it if you need more on your memory card, I did it with GTA:LCS and it runs fine (under 333hz mode which is normal for gta:lcs). Alternatively download a ripkit and do it that way, sure you'll lose content (cutscenes for resistance retribution and radio stations on gta).

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Now that M33 has the Prometheus patch, Just downgrade. Or if you were extremely lazy, search for a MS SPEED UP mod for gen firmware if you use one.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
He's on Prometheus.

The Recovery Menu option performs better than the fatmsmod though anyway...

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
None of my newly added games seem to be slowing down at any point that actually affects the gameplay, so I'm good for now. As for using my Cyclo as a media player, it's never given me any trouble. All my MP3's play perfectly through Moonshell 1.71 (I dislike the interface on MS2) and my freshly stolen A Team movie dpg is better quality than my brother's dvd copy.

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
None of my newly added games seem to be slowing down at any point that actually affects the gameplay, so I'm good for now. As for using my Cyclo as a media player, it's never given me any trouble. All my MP3's play perfectly through Moonshell 1.71 (I dislike the interface on MS2) and my freshly stolen A Team movie dpg is better quality than my brother's dvd copy.
because if your playing it on a small screen then no durr thats its gonna be way better quality
and if tryed the dvdrip on the ds then it mite look worse becuase its so great of quality on such a small screen..

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Most of the movies I get on my DS are pretty high quality. The people on the site I use do fantastic work converting all the latest stuff. They even do requests if there's something specific I want to watch. Great site. Might download a few more episodes of Nostalgia Critic and put in a request for a set of Zero Punctuation dpgs since the actual site keeps crashing on me.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but my PSP is notoriously finnicky when it comes to what it will and won't play. It constantly claims my music is corrupt, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, it only plays a select few videos, and when it comes to games it seems to struggle with anything bigger that 400MB, above that it often seems to slow down.

My DS does as it's damn well told and plays anything without question.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Rule out firmware and memory stick issues by trying on alternatives....

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Will try some tunes of my spare 1GB card, but I'm not messing with my firmware. Will try it on my dad's PSP or something.

Been meaning to ask. Tried playing FF9 on my dad's PSP since mine's on CFW and as such is having issues with it (largely irrelevant now as me and the old man have an arrangement for me to be able to play it through the PS3). Got an error message saying I'm not allowed to access that content on this account. I was signed in to my own PSN account. WTF?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Blaze163 said:
Will try some tunes of my spare 1GB card, but I'm not messing with my firmware. Will try it on my dad's PSP or something.

Been meaning to ask. Tried playing FF9 on my dad's PSP since mine's on CFW and as such is having issues with it (largely irrelevant now as me and the old man have an arrangement for me to be able to play it through the PS3). Got an error message saying I'm not allowed to access that content on this account. I was signed in to my own PSN account. WTF?
You know, I got the US PSN version of FFIX and I haven't got any problems with it... Maybe you should download that, you did buy the EU PSN version afterall.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Goli said:
You know, I got the US PSN version of FFIX and I haven't got any problems with it... Maybe you should download that, you did buy the EU PSN version afterall.

Did you buy from the PSN or *cough, cough* acquire it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, The Doom NES cartridges, a few batches were made. One was given to AVGN as...