sorry guys but a quick 360 question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by slickric33, Dec 16, 2009.

Dec 16, 2009
  1. slickric33
    OP

Member slickric33 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes i tried forza 3 today its a little better than mario cart, well i was going to buy the arcade version and add a 20 gig hd but the ? is are all the new 360s modifiable and yes i know about being banned if its hacked but thats okey and does anyone know if project natal will be hackable or not thanks

2. BenieUK

Member BenieUK GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This is the WII thread not 360, but yes all 360s can be modded to date.

3. slickric33
    OP

Member slickric33 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Worth repeating: wrong section.

All 360s to date can have their drives flashed to play backup games. Only 360s that have a v7xxx dashboard can run homebrew using current hacks, so any 360 updated since August 11th (I think it was) cannot due to security patches. Downgrading is impossible due to blown logic fuses in the updates.

Worth mentioning, is that LiteOn 7xxxxx drives need special hardware, 8xxxxx v1 does not, 8xxxxx v2 and 9xxxxx need special wiring and soldering and so on but CAN be done.

You've probably heard of the million+ 360s that recently got banned in M$'s latest ban wave, due to the fact that iXtreme seems to be detectable. LiteTouch is being developed to prevent future bans. It is completed, but still in testing with no ETA.

Feel free to direct future enquiries to the Xbox section of the forum: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=163