Hacking Sorry - frightened noob question

nickzss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about this but I can't find a straight answer to this question...

I am going to help my friend softmod his Wii (with Starfall etc.) but he has loads of legit games. Is there any chance he could brick his Wii if he plays any of these games after I've installed all the relative stuff? I've got a horrible premonition of him turning up at the doorstep sobbing with his Wii clasped to his chest.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the pathetic basic-ness of the question.

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your worried dont do it until you have done more research

i could say shooting yourself in the leg wouldnt hurt but if you reseached before firing you wouldnt need to ask

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why would he need Starfall if he has lots of legit copies...?? wel anyway, is better to tell your friends where to find the info, you never do it for a friend if yourself don't know a f**k about it...!!
smile.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
indeed. first off no disk update will brick the wii if installed after performing a softmod. Secondly if updated through the update option on the system menu It shouldn't brick either. third You can bypass disk update checks with starfall. fourth If you are worried about it then don't do it as you will only likely to have those worries come true. Research is a good thing when you are trying to modify something and if more than one party is going to use the thing you will want to make sure that the other users are aware of what not to do.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nickzss said:
Sorry about this but I can't find a straight answer to this question...

I am going to help my friend softmod his Wii (with Starfall etc.) but he has loads of legit games. Is there any chance he could brick his Wii if he plays any of these games after I've installed all the relative stuff? I've got a horrible premonition of him turning up at the doorstep sobbing with his Wii clasped to his chest.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the pathetic basic-ness of the question.

I have a feeling you havent modded a Wii yet?

In which case, You MUST research more, were not trying to be mean. but picture this

"Press A to install"
"okay.. installing, powering off Wii, Powering on.. Um why's the screen black!

then your friend/ you freak out. Its not fun, My friend did that to his Wii. So just research more, then be sure to inform your friend of what/what not to do.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
??? Bricking from playing legitimate games?? Why??!!

Any brick would be if you messed something up, and not from playing legitimate games.

Don´t know what kind of friend you are, but I would try/risk my own Wii, before offering to softmod my friend´s.

And then only after I´ve done it a second time to confirm I really know what I´m doing.

I wish your "friend" luck.

nickzss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
callmebob said:
??? Bricking from playing legitimate games?? Why??!!

Any brick would be if you messed something up, and not from playing legitimate games.

Don´t know what kind of friend you are, but I would try/risk my own Wii, before offering to softmod my friend´s.

And then only after I´ve done it a second time to confirm I really know what I´m doing.

I wish your "friend" luck.
I have modded my wii, but all the games I've put in it have been backups.

The reason I ask the question is that I have seen reports about IOS37 on Rock Band and was concerned that he might inadvertantly bollocks his console up. In all fairness I've done a lot of research into this (hence my perfectly functional softmodded wii), I just wanted a straight answer to a fairly straight question but hey, I bow to your superior post count
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the replies anyway.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i second that. best paranoid post EVER! if you do brick it, just sit on the wii remote (as to press all buttons at once) and scream at your wii to " Get your act together!!!!"
and then buy your friend a new wii

i got a friend, yeah its not me its my friend, he has no clue and asked me to look like a douche on this forum. lol

nickzss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lulz!!!111 pwned. i wont sleep tonite knowing the forum reprobate has demeaned me lol.

Don't you have to go tell more people to 'search' you sad little man?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir I already gave you a pretty good answer. very straight forward and accurate. If his wii is already on a higher system menu version then you can easily downgrade it and install starfall's disk update bypass........ It's as simple as that my good sir. I understand the concern. after all no body wants there wii to be bricked.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN