Sorry, but you are not pretty enough for the Olympics.

webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
Chinese Government Official 01: Hey, you sing really good Yang Peiyi, but sadly your too ugly for the Olympics.
So instead, we will use your voice and someone who is actually pretty.
Chinese Government Official 02: How about Lin Miaoke?
Chinese Government Official 01: Great, that will work perfectly!
Chinese Government Official 02: but won't somebody notice, it may make us look bad.
Chinese Government Official 01:“The audience will understand that it’s in the national interest”

(BTW, if you are lost, read this: http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug...&type=lgns)

Chinese Government Official 01: Because remember, Many of out citizens may have just lost their only child while other parts are dieing of thirst,
but we'll just worry about that later. In the mean time let's just spend money hand over foot on the Olympics!

(I could go on a longer rant on how disgusted I am with the whole thing, but this is the wrong site to do it on)

Feel free to comment, and if I have offended somebody...

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard about that on the news today. That really sucks!* There's this controversy about the broadcast version of the Olympic opening having stuff added in, like fireworks and cheerleaders filling the empty seats...

*Though unfortunately this is pretty widespread. It doesn't matter how well you can sing, if you're ugly, you aren't wanted. "A face for radio" applies strongly here. =\ I can easily go into a lengthy discussion about this, but now's not the time.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I already let off my complaints in the thread I made in general off-topic chat. ("Beijing Olympics is gonna be the best ever" or something)

I do understand people want good looking people to sing. But there's a difference between telling an American Idol contestant that s/he doesn't have the looks or overweight or something and telling (be it implicitly or explicitly) a 7-year old that she's too ugly and unwelcomed.

Who knows, she might get depression or something while growing up and China might not see her shine ever. (And probably wouldn't care because there are too many substitutes anyway?)

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
too bad their both ugly...

sucks though, the lin girl will get hate mail!! Is the performance on youtube.com?
What isn't on YouTube? Except for Viacom stuff.
tongue.gif

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I knew there was something weird about it!!!
Except what I thought was that she was a robot since she looked a little too perfect and didn't blink!

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could easily see that she was lip-sync-ing, but It's hard to imagine they could scheme something like this.
But is Asia anyway, they do weird stuff all the time. A lot weirder (and meanier, specially in the case of China). I wonder how this was unveiled.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but everything you said just became blah blah blah as soon as you started sprouting random bs about the earthquake and trying to link that with the olympic games.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally I am slightly offended by the mention of "other parts dying of thirst", because China's spent a lot of money creating the Three Gorges Dam + other water supplying projects for parts which are UNDER THREAT from a drought. However I don't see how this has any relevance to the Olympics because China has the money to spend on both Olympics and all other issues at the same time (e.g. city cleanliness, which I can say that Guangzhou is far cleaner than Sydney CBD).

But I am also disappointed at what China has done with the little girl, and the CGI fireworks. At the same time I'm not surprised...

choupette

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
you could make something similar for every country.

e.g. : why did usa go to irak ?

this one's funnier : us soldiers die there, to protect corporate interest in oil.
think of the families of these soldiers.
think of how much it cost us people.
think of how much money companies that invest there make.
think of the claimed chemical/nuclear weapon they found.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
choupette said:
you could make something similar for every country.

e.g. : why did usa go to irak ?

this one's funnier : us soldiers die there, to protect corporate interest in oil.
think of the families of these soldiers.
think of how much it cost us people.
think of how much money companies that invest there make.
think of the claimed chemical/nuclear weapon they never found.

Fixed. (Sorry, not taking the piss or anything but I figured that's what you meant)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay