Not open for further replies.

Crucilia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, there is no translation group that i know of.
You see yourself that the guy above disappeared longtime ago.
Anyway, because i liked the anime and because it took me only some time to make some batch files to get a text dump in a good formatting (thanks to Sjis_dump), I made probably a pretty complete script dump for you (or somebody other that want to translate).
In the zip you will find always 2 files with the same name but one .dat and one .txt extention.
You need to care only about the TXT that you can open with win word or any text editor that supports Sjis encoding.
The script dump look like this:

Position : b0
……んん……

Position : cb
ん……朝か……

Position : 10e
おはようございます……マスター。

Please insert the translation just below each japanese phrase.

I am actually not working on this project but if there is a good translation around, I am sure somebody will pick it up or at least publish a "paper translation" for the game.
If one day i will have more time, it's good possible that I will pick it up if nobody else do it before that time.

Here the files.

Have fun

I"M BACK...
i'm sorry making you're all wait, but now i'll active again...
this is kind of late but i make some translation from Auryn post in here... (attachment created if you can't find it...)
this file is taken from script\chara\chapter00\10
and please i need someone to fix my sentence in that file, also i can't insert these script...
when i try, everything get messed up...
anyone can insert these script...?
from now on i will keep updating this thread...
Have A Nice Day...

Attachments

• 01_000 V1.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 391
Reactions: oji

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Umm, Crucilia, why do you think I wrote "Please insert the translation just below each japanese phrase."?????
How do you want somebody to check your translation if you deleted the original phrase??
What you should have done is:
……んん……
M....mm....

ん……朝か……
Mmm...morning....

おはようございます……マスター。
Good morning....master.

So anybody can check your translation.

Anyway, there are parts missing and there are many wild "c" around....why do i have the feeling you used google translator or any other translator to do that file (maybe used CTRL+C to copy the japanese and insert it in google) ???
If I wanted to do a machine translation, i have programs that would translate the whole of my files in less than a minute but i don't think the result would be good anyway.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
Your script is a bit wrong Auryn, for example:

Position : f5
これが……

Position : 101
れしいという

In script\trial\packscript_00.txt. Those 2 lines aren't split, they're a single line, and it also missed the う from the うれしい. Also it seems there's no way to recompile the scripts back since you didn't include your tool at all.

How did you dump them to begin with though? Was it literally just a search for SJIS text and then dump it out? I could make my own, but I can't figure out how to identify the header length, each text block has variable length headers but I can't see anything indicating the header length.

EDIT: Wait nevermind, I'm stupid. The FF is the header terminator.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi Kelebek,
yes, you are absolutly right with your correction and yes, it's possible that the script dump has some errors on it and that it's why the .dat files are included in the package.
If you go back to read what i wrote on the May 11, 2013, you will see the name of the tool that i used to get that dump (http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/645/).
The only thing i did not say (and i made that extra to see who would notice and see if the person working on it can japanese or not) is that it's possible to open the dat files with win word and have the text with some "garbage" in between it:
fdd0.png

If somebody like you would have come forward to me and said exactly what you told me about the missing character, i would have told him to do exacly what i show in the pic above: cross check the txt and the dat or i would have tried to made a better dump (including probably the speaker, line breaks etc.. with some other programs but till nobody is really working on this, why i should invest my time for this??

Well, then here is my question, are you working on this game seriously?? It seems you can japanese so are you only a translator or an hacker as well??
Sorry if it's a stupid question but i don't know you and it seems you are a Pokemon fan and as you probably guessed from my Avatar, i hate pokemon :P

PS: I got notice from box that at least other 15 downloads of that file appened since i posted it there, i wonder where they did end.

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
No, I'm not going to actually translate this, honestly I don't have enough interest in the game to solo translate a visual novel, takes waaaaay too much time. I was just sort of bored and decided to see what it was like. I'm a terrible hacker so that's usually the main barrier for me, so I was sort of interested that it had no pointers or difficult hacking.

I went ahead and made my own tool though: http://pastebin.com/Jd833umL - Written for Python 2.0, usage is "strings.py <file>.dat -e" to extract a .strings file, and then "strings.py <file>.strings -c" to re-compile it back into a .new. It handles the text length so you can make your lines as long as you want. Also takes \n and replaces it with the newline code, so you can use \n for newlines. It's still pretty basic, it doesn't have any automatic newlining or built-in batch extracting/compiling or anything, but figured I may as well put it up. Coded abysmally of course because like I said I'm not a hacker or a coder.

Anyway I hit another problem, and it's with the newlines. Hex-wise I can't see any problem with it, it just seems to be incredibly random. Sometimes it just won't newline.

I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the way I recompile the file, because the only text length indicator is the short right before the string, and I correct that. Even if the end was getting chopped or it was broken due to length, it still goes past that newline and should still act on it properly.

The newlines just seem to appear and disappear based on weird factors that I can't figure out. It's especially difficult to get the game to use the second newline per frame it seems.

EDIT: HERP! Just after I say that, I actually figured it out. It's just a small incompatibility with ASCII. The newline has to occur on an even byte, so byte 2/3, 4/5, 6/7, 8/9 etc. it can't work if the newline is on odd bytes, 1/2 or 5/6 etc. So I just have it add a space in if it's not even. Since we're newlining anyway, you can't even see the space. The strings themselves have to be even as well, so I just add a space at the end if not.

I fixed the pastebin code up above, and also added automatic newlining, so you don't need to add your own with \n. But, the problem with that is that you also can't force your own newlines with \n either. I'm too bad at coding to make it work with both, oh well.

Crucilia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Umm, Crucilia, why do you think I wrote "Please insert the translation just below each japanese phrase."?????
How do you want somebody to check your translation if you deleted the original phrase??
What you should have done is:
……んん……
M....mm....

ん……朝か……
Mmm...morning....

おはようございます……マスター。
Good morning....master.

So anybody can check your translation.

Anyway, there are parts missing and there are many wild "c" around....why do i have the feeling you used google translator or any other translator to do that file (maybe used CTRL+C to copy the japanese and insert it in google) ???
If I wanted to do a machine translation, i have programs that would translate the whole of my files in less than a minute but i don't think the result would be good anyway.

Sorry Auryn, my bad...
i'm translating from romanji to english with some help from translation aggregator and some custom dictionary, not too fond with katakana or hiragana...
i'm using notepad + to edit some text, sorry if some text get messed up...
i hope you're not mad with this... :)

Attachments

• 01_000 V2.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 366

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry Auryn, my bad...
i'm translating from romanji to english with some help from translation aggregator and some custom dictionary, not too fond with katakana or hiragana...
i'm using notepad + to edit some text, sorry if some text get messed up...
i hope you're not mad with this... :)

This hurts me.

Translating from English to English?
Not too fond of Kana but wanting to translate a Japanese game which includes Kana?

Just..... what?

It may be difficult to find someone who will read over that because it's machine translated. It's difficult to tell what's even taking place.
Examples:
"As for a Shopping district shutter everywhere. It was getting down." I'm... not even sure what's going on here.
"Umm, it is the thing in the house." It's just.... difficult.

I hope someone else who's fluent in Japanese decides to translate this for you and others or helps you out. Good luck, Crucilia.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Romaji seems pretty useful at first sight and it's used pretty often in the west, however it's more of a false friend than anything else.
Like, shain (社員) might be mistook for chain (object) when they're completely different things, but in a lot of cases, you can't really distinguish what they mean without checking how it's actually written in Japanese.

(Well, I just started learning Japanese in university, so I'm obviously not the most adequate person to point this).

Besides, that, like mentioned above by Phoenix, machine translators can't distinguish a lot of things, like sarcasm for example, directly translating a sarcastic remark, ends up really awkardly, since well, the meaning was all lost.

Good luck with the translation though, I'd love to play this game in English. =3

Crucilia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
alright, it seems translating from romanji to english was a bad idea...
but for now, translating with this method will be continued until we find a proper translator for this thread...
also if anyone have a program, suggestion or even a criticism to improve this thread it'll be very appreciated...
let's work together to complete this project...:)
Have A Nice Day

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Did somebody play the game more than 5min in??
Do the game follow some part of the anime or it's just based on the characters but tells a story of his own??

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sorry for reviving this old thread but I am curious.

Is somebody still working on this translation??

I get notice that the script is being usually about 2-3times a week.

Will some day come something back from the people who are downloading the script??

Tronalfazz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, it seems translating from romanji to english was a bad idea...
but for now, translating with this method will be continued until we find a proper translator for this thread...
also if anyone have a program, suggestion or even a criticism to improve this thread it'll be very appreciated...
let's work together to complete this project...:)
Have A Nice Day

I'm not sure if this conversation has been either moved or forgotten,
but I'm wondering if the English patch is any closer to being finished.

It's been about half a year since the last update on it, but I'm wondering if the translation is still being worked on at all.
I want to help with the translation, but I don't understand the source code for Japanese when I open it up in any kind of text or coding program. If you could post a youtube video or something on how you translated the game's text from code to Japanese to English to a patch at the start of this thread, I would be willing to try and translate it.

I'm not proficient in coding, but I really want to see this seemingly abandoned project completed some time soon.
As much as I want to play " Sora No Otoshimono Forte: Dreamy Season" in English, I know that you and everyone else here has a life outside of their computers. If you were to just post an update on how things are going, I would be very grateful. Thanks for doing this.

Vallad Centrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, i wanted to know if this thread/topic is still alive? how's the project been doing? i just finished the anime and it was awesome.. i was hoping for an update for this patch , cause i want to achieve my own ending xD, how's the work on this? or is still continuing? i really wanted to play this game on english..

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Many people have downloaded my text dump but nobody ever came back to me with a translation so it's still at the same point.

EHEBrandon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to help out on this project or start on it myself. I can translate but I have no romhacking knowledge but I am looking into it though. If anyone is up to help me with this we could get a move on. I know I just joined and this is my first post but I'm quite dedicated to making a English patch for this game and a few others. If someone already started I would like to help complete it.

Reactions: Pablitox

jomkingal

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jomkingal.net16.net
XP
Country
United States
Ohhh~ Thanks for your efforts in this game guys! :) Really looking forward to seeing this game fully translated in the future! Also, If you guys don't mind, I could at least help in some stuff. I'll try and see if what place I could fit in. <3

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, actually i think nobody is working on this.
Like i said in my old post, many downloaded the dirty script dump but nothing ever came back to me translated.
I am trying to find time to polish my programming skills and do a text editor myself but if somebody would show me they are really working on translating this seriously, i am sure Hacko can adapt AAIscript studio to work with this game and in no time we would have a working program to insert the text.

Itamar05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested on taking part of the translation, if someone can comunicateswith me, it would be great, and if someones knows how to comunicate with Crucilia, it would be perfect, please help us, we wanna revive that anime, we hope to...... Please comunicate with me or send me any link from where i can talk with someone or specially with Crucilia about the proyecy, my FB is my name, and my Photo Profile is the one which I have now... I hope, anyone can comunicates, thanks :v
Have a nice day

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, actually i think nobody is working on this.
Like i said in my old post, many downloaded the dirty script dump but nothing ever came back to me translated.
I am trying to find time to polish my programming skills and do a text editor myself but if somebody would show me they are really working on translating this seriously, i am sure Hacko can adapt AAIscript studio to work with this game and in no time we would have a working program to insert the text.
Are u there guy, I wanna talk yo you

This hurts me.

Not too fond of Kana but wanting to translate a Japanese game which includes Kana?

Just..... what?

It may be difficult to find someone who will read over that because it's machine translated. It's difficult to tell what's even taking place.
Examples:
"As for a Shopping district shutter everywhere. It was getting down." I'm... not even sure what's going on here.

I hope someone else who's fluent in Japanese decides to translate this for you and others or helps you out. Good luck, Crucilia.

I know people who talks fluent Japanese, if you know smthng about Crucilia "something", please reply me

This hurts me.

Just..... what?

Examples:

I know people who talks fluent Japanese, if you know smthng about Crucilia "something", please reply me
Ohhh~ Thanks for your efforts in this game guys! :) Really looking forward to seeing this game fully translated in the future! Also, If you guys don't mind, I could at least help in some stuff. I'll try and see if what place I could fit in. <3

Oh yeah, i need some help

Felipesm2020

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, im just finished reading the sora no otoshimono mangá and God that was one of the best endings I ever seen and I just meet sora no otoshimono because of this game (I was just a pervert guy(actually I still am)) anyways this game was really important to me was one of the first games I played on nds and I finished this game like 10 times and I did every ending possible I really want to see this game in English I never understand anything because I don't know japonese but it's not just the anime it's a new story so I'm here to revive the project and make people remember about it, I'm am from Brasil and here people are doing some crazy transactions with games like Ace attorney and kingdom hearts, heck Ace attorney have even voice acting in Portuguese so I don't think this game is so hard to translate its a pretty old game at this point let's make it possible guys I will make anything I can to see this project complete hope someone read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over