OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sora No Otoshimono Forte
-Ðreamy Season-
Alright since this project already delayed/not started quite long i need help from many people...​
since no one'll be interested to translate, i'm taking this project...​
Through this is just half baked patch at least this will show i'm doing it...​
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynjiymcsgy9zf25 (just translating main character name and a few line through)​
i will do patching and editing...​
and i need :​
- a quite pro translator...(Just a good translator will do, he/she just have to translate the script and send it to me)​
- pro rom editor...(for reference)​
- picture editor...​
hope anyone will help... ^_^
a.jpg
b.jpg

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore the above. Please don't PM me. I'm already too busy to reply to PMs.

I will give you links to learn romhacking, though. The first one starts you off on NES games, but it'll help you big time in the long run.
http://www.romhacking.net/start/
This is a romhacking document made by an amazing romhacker and it helps very much.
http://gbatemp.net/t73394-gbatemp-rom-hack...ion-project-wip
You can also try looking up the topics and posts of the known romhackers and learn from their posts.

But you said you wanted to play it in English, which I assume you don't know Japanese?
If you want to fully understand what they're saying, you'll have to learn Japanese or get Japanese translators. You can take classes/lessons, get a tutor, buy some Japanese language books and audio and practice learning. First with the Kana(Hiragana and Katakana)then grammar structure before learning Kanji and then more grammar structure. Getting a tutor or taking classes can explain these things much easier than I can, though.

Know that romhacking and Japanese both take a long time to learn even if you only choose to do one of them.

Good luck
smile.gif

Reactions: jomkingal

Crucilia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ok...
this already long time...
could anyone kind enough to compile doc and program to translate nds...?
because i not have many time to spend in net...
if i have packed doc and program to translate nds i can work it anytime...
so please anyone...
thanks in advance...

-sorry 4 my bad english-

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
what she is saying is that if someone had been interested they might have made the "tools" you seem to think you need.

You don't need someone to make you tools you can just start translating it as it is.
1: find out what hex editing is
2: find out if this game has an nftr or rftn as this can be changed to help you translate the text in 1
3: dump the text (if needed depending on if you read japanese and can directly edit yourself)
4: find out how to find the graphics in the game
5: dump said graphics for editing
6: find out how to edit the graphics once you find them
7: like phoenix said if you don't know how to speak or read japanese gat a translator
8: if you are talking about the how to do the translation she has already provided you some links

as there are no tools (as of this date) made specific to this game.
I use crystaltile2 it can hex edit, it can view graphics, it can view the nds filesystem.
You don't have to wait for some magical tool to work on this. I sincerely hope you take a look at those links.

Crucilia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well...
i'm not say one program...
what i need is a few program to translate nds rom and make it in RAR...
like program to extract picture and text...
i already trying with hex but that not helping me at all...
thanks to rastsan for his suggestion...
to tell you the truth i'm bad at searching program, thats why i'm asking help from here...

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Why would you need to make it a .rar?

I just told you what I use to find and dump the pictures(graphics).
It just isn't looking at it in hex... did you read through the second link phoenix gave you?
If you don't understand what some of it is saying look up those words phrases or ask here...

Did you set the proper code page?
did you get a table from the nftr in case it has an nftr and doesn't follow the regular codepage view?
If it doesn't have an nftr did you find the font?
Have you made a table from that font?
do you know what to do with the table?
Have you found the graphics yet?
Do you know what gba4bpp or gba8bpp is?

Oh boy, see the thing is if anyone else had been interested in translating this game they should have spoken up by now. I don't even know what this game is about.
why don't you add some info on the game (with screenshots), what you hope to get done and what you have gotten done in the first post in this thread.
what language do you speak?

Crucilia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
alright i'm indonesian so that's quite hard for me...
plus i'm translating from japan to english...
now i'm already found chara name and script...
but the problem is once i change chara name like ikaros the other character become doesn't have name...
so i need help from pro translator which already used in translating nds game...
to tell you the truth this game is easy to translate because we can easly found script and text in dat file...
and one more thing...
how you change the font in game...?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finding script doesn't make a game easy to hack.

There's a lot more that goes into it. If you have a problem when yuo change a character's name and another character has a missing name in-game because of it, it's not a translation issue, but a hacking issue. You don't need a pro-translator for that(You don't even need a pro, just someone fluent), you need a romhacker.

You can either ask a romhacker for help or learn romhacking yourself.
http://www.romhacking.net/start/
http://gbatemp.net/topic/73394-gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-wip/

If you don't know Japanese, you probably shouldn't be translating. Machine translations won't help either. You have to know Japanese or ask some translators.
Anyway, Densetsu made a translation toolbox for translators.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/311523-densetsus-translation-toolbox/

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use CrystalTile2 or Tinke, the main font is Font1212.NFTR in the font folder.

You might try Tinke's feature to edit NFTR file or extract it and then use NFTREdit to edit the file and insert it back. (All the programs I mentioned here can be found in this forum.) Anyway, I don't think you'll need to edit the font because this game can show English text without any problem (if you hack it properly.)

For the text, I haven't checked it thoroughly yet, but I believe the character's name isn't directly listed in the scripts. They might be graphic file or linked to the names somewhere else. (Or you can tell me where you get the names.)

If you have enough patience, you can hex edit this game to translate it. (I assume you know Japanese, since you said you'd translate it to English.) Try something from the beginning of the game. (The first script is in Script/Other/Story/Chapter00 and then 000.dat)

The pic below shows what I tried for a quick test. (The blue underline is where the text actually starts, but I only changed the part that I use red underline.) Search the internet and find a Shift-JIS encoding table as a reference first if you haven't worked on any Japanese game hacking before.

Oops, I forgot to post the pic. :P Okay, here it is (under the spoiler tag.)
soral.png

(for the second line, it shouldn't include the first "10". I just made a mistake when I edited the graphic.)

Here's the screenshot from DesMume emulator.
sorascreen.png

(P.S. Ikaros is voiced by the same voice actress who voiced Manaka of Love Plus. :wub:)
For a starter, just keep in mind that you have the space from the text starts up to where it shows 06 05. (In the pic, it's right after the blue line.) You need to keep that 06 05 code and your English translation can't be too long.) The new line code is 01 0B. (You can try playing around first to see if you can understand the concept.)

If your English text is too long and you overwrite the codes, you can mess up the output. If you can find any programmer who's interested in this game, you might be able to overwrite the text length and stuff, but for now, if you want to hex edit it, you'll need to keep the length within the limit.

(Again, please specify if you know Japanese and can translate it or you need someone else to translate it for you. It's totally different.)

By the way, the game is pretty perverted. (It's not too bad. I found it cute and funny but it's still perverted.) Even if you don't know a single Japanese word, after playing this game for a while, at least you'll learn "ero" and "oppai" for sure. They repeat these words for maybe 100 times throughout the game. :D

Reactions: jomkingal

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jewel: I'm not sure if they do know Japanese.
From the first post:

Anyone can help me to translate this game...
i so want to play this game in english...

Crucilia: You've been given a lot of help in this thread, but you can't go far without knowing Japanese, without a human translator, or a romhacker. You can always learn how to romhack, but rushing into it without any knowledge of romhacking or Japanese will make things harder.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jewel: I'm not sure if they do know Japanese.
From the first post:

Anyone can help me to translate this game...
i so want to play this game in english...
Yeah, I also doubted that. :D

Anyway, just in case someone who is interested in translating game happened to read this thread, I'll post some more info about it here. ^_^

The names are stored in _Data/AdvTalk/CharaName.dat
These names would be the names for the speakers in all the dialogs. (I guess. I only checked a few lines though.)

sora2.png

The game doesn't seem that difficult to hack (at least you can input ASCII alphabets and output it without any major problem.) but I'm not sure how difficult it is to overwrite the text length (by changing pointers, etc.) There will also be a lot of texts in the graphics that need to be translated and edited too. (FYI: I asked pleonex, the programmer for Tinke, for graphic plug-in for this game already.)

Anyway, this game is text heavy, and the scripts might not be that easy to translate. (They used a lot of Kanji's and you need to be very familiar with the manga/anime series to understand the terms they used in this game.) We can discuss some more about hacking it if there's a translator (who can really translate it, not using Machine translation.)

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The actual script is easy enough to modify it doesnt use any pointers at all, just control codes and such which means you'll either have to work them all out or just skip them. I worked out which bytes change the voice played and the characters names in the script aswell as where the length is stored.

In the script the command [06][05][49][00][32][03][00][00][03][01][FF]
The first 03 is the sound effect used.
01 is the characters name (pulled from somewhere else).
FF looks like a control code terminator of some sort.
After FF is a 16bit value which is the size of the text block.

Crucilia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks for reply...
because in indonesian this is quite hard to find people who can talk japan, so i'm not familiar with japanese word...
but i can talk japanese directly even not much...
at least now i'm trying to learn and translating this game, even that'll taking a long time...
like phoenix goddess said it'll be better if i'm not translating...
but i want to understand this game and looks like no one interesded in translating this game...
so i'm trying it myself... :P

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easier to simply learn Japanese to play than trying to hack it with no knowledge of either Japanese or romhacking.
Of course learning Japanese isn't easy, but at least you would be able to understand what they're saying.

Crucilia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yes, you're right...
but how about people who doen't understand japanese at all...?
with translating this i wish to help other people even through i'm still asking a help from other people...
hehehe... :P

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, how did you plan on translating this if you don't know Japanese or how to romhack?
Do you have any people on-board who do know Japanese(not machine translators) or how to romhack?
If not, then it won't go anywhere and no one's being helped :(

It's best to crawl before learning how to walk. Or run for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over