SOPA: Anonymous Lists Their Demands

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one could give less of a fuck about Anonymous. Most especially not the senate.
But I bet you have heard of the Jersey Shore haven't you? It isn't simply about getting senate attention, Its about drawing the people with real power into the fray. Those people are not bloated, corrupt, and well bribed senators. They are the American people. Try and remember the words "...of the people, by the people, for the people..." when you make comments like that. Their point isn't to make the changes themselves, its to convince other people that they should care what happens to their freedom.
Maybe you are just to mired in apathy to bother to look, but not everyone is.
Besides to which, as exangel noted, you aren't an American so you can't know what the culture is like here any more than I could argue politics in your country, so don't go making comments you can't back up.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
No one could give less of a fuck about Anonymous. Most especially not the senate.
But I bet you have heard of the Jersey Shore haven't you? It isn't simply about getting senate attention, Its about drawing the people with real power into the fray. Those people are not bloated, corrupt, and well bribed senators. They are the American people. Try and remember the words "...of the people, by the people, for the people..." when you make comments like that. Their point isn't to make the changes themselves, its to convince other people that they should care what happens to their freedom.
Besides to which, as exangel noted, you aren't an American so you can't know what the culture is like here any more than I could argue politics in your country, so don't go making comments you can't back up.
I'm fairly familiar with the situation. The point of my post is the fact that a fraction as minimal as this isn't substantial enough to make a huge difference, in any case. Maybe I should've worded this better - Anonymous isn't going to be making much impact. Sure, it's possible that Anonymous could inform people about their individual rights, however they are pretty much preaching to the wrong people in the wrong place. The majority of people aware of anonymous are those that don't need their liberties informed of them.

If you're talking about either the crappy MTV TV show or the coast off of New Jersey, then I do, but otherwise I have no idea.

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly familiar with the situation. The point of my post is the fact that a fraction as minimal as this isn't substantial enough to make a huge difference, in any case. Maybe I should've worded this better - Anonymous isn't going to be making much impact. Sure, it's possible that Anonymous could inform people about their individual rights, however they are pretty much preaching to the wrong people in the wrong place. The majority of people aware of anonymous are those that don't need their liberties informed of them.

If you're talking about either the crappy MTV TV show or the coast off of New Jersey, then I do, but otherwise I have no idea.
You can't word a blunt statement like that better. You might have expanded upon it better though. Please try to remember that Anonymous is making quite an impact in the states, where they were bred. Do not discount the people in this situation, they are the ones who have the money that the riaa and the mpaa need to survive. Also, please justify how they are "preaching to the wrong people in the wrong place". I do not understand this rather sweeping statement, how are they the wrong people? Who then are the "right" people in your eyes?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country

You can't word a blunt statement like that better. You might have expanded upon it better though. Please try to remember that Anonymous is making quite an impact in the states, where they were bred. Do not discount the people in this situation, they are the ones who have the money that the riaa and the mpaa need to survive. Also, please justify how they are "preaching to the wrong people in the wrong place". I do not understand this rather sweeping statement, how are they the wrong people? Who then are the "right" people in your eyes?
First off, Anonymous is a global movement. Certain sectors of it are part of the United States, but Anonymous as a whole was not bred in the United States. By preaching to the wrong people in the wrong place, I mean that the majority of people who mind Anonymous and are those that already readily support Anonymous' movements. They're not doing much to expand their audience. The people who they reach out to are the ones they've reached out to before. That's what I was implying by "wrong people."

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First off, Anonymous is a global movement. Certain sectors of it are part of the United States, but Anonymous as a whole was not bred in the United States. By preaching to the wrong people in the wrong place, I mean that the majority of people who mind Anonymous and are those that already readily support Anonymous' movements. They're not doing much to expand their audience. The people who they reach out to are the ones they've reached out to before. That's what I was implying by "wrong people."
Thats a hell of a lot of nuance for people to have to read from one single line isnt it?
Not exactly something that screams subtlety or complexity.

Anonymous is indeed a global movement, but this situation is as much a global issue as it is an American issue. Here is the big trouble though, the law originates in america so only large diplomatic action could make any dent in it, a byproduct of which would be an increase in tension between all parties involved. Not exactly an ideal outcome. The only place actual change can emerge from is here in America the place of origin for this overbearing law. That said, you must understand that Anonymous' actions have garnered a huge amount of attention where it matters, the DDoS'ed the MPAA, the RIAA, and have done many other attacks that--though they wouldn't really matter to people outside the USA--have drawn the subject to every media outlet in the American mediasphere. That in turn brings out discussion and understanding. Most might not agree with their methods, but no one wants to have their rights truncated. That is not preaching to the wrong crowd, thats just spreading the word. Guess what, it looks like it succeeded too given that the measure has been sent back to the drawing board, thanks to the people who took notice.
Its amazing how only a few people can do that.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country

Thats a hell of a lot of nuance for people to have to read from one single line isnt it?

Not exactly the best, clearest, or most intelligent thing I've said. Oh crap, I think I might've been in one of my "furious typing" modes at the time.

Anonymous is indeed a global movement, but this situation is as much a global issue as it is an American issue. Here is the big trouble though, the law originates in america so only large diplomatic action could make any dent in it, a byproduct of which would be an increase in tension between all parties involved. Not exactly an ideal outcome. The only place actual change can emerge from is here in America the place of origin for this overbearing law. That said, you must understand that Anonymous' actions have garnered a huge amount of attention where it matters, the DDoS'ed the MPAA, the RIAA, and have done many other attacks that--though they wouldn't really matter to people outside the USA--have drawn the subject to every media outlet in the American mediasphere. That in turn brings out discussion and understanding. Most might not agree with their methods, but no one wants/ to have their rights truncated. That is not preaching to the wrong crowd, thats just spreading the word. Guess what, it looks like it succeeded too given that the measure has been sent back to the drawing board, thanks to the people who took notice.
:bow: Though I still don't believe that the effects were THAT substantial, I understand it better now.

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not exactly the best, clearest, or most intelligent thing I've said. Oh crap, I think I might've been in one of my "furious typing" modes at the time.

Anonymous is indeed a global movement, but this situation is as much a global issue as it is an American issue. Here is the big trouble though, the law originates in america so only large diplomatic action could make any dent in it, a byproduct of which would be an increase in tension between all parties involved. Not exactly an ideal outcome. The only place actual change can emerge from is here in America the place of origin for this overbearing law. That said, you must understand that Anonymous' actions have garnered a huge amount of attention where it matters, the DDoS'ed the MPAA, the RIAA, and have done many other attacks that--though they wouldn't really matter to people outside the USA--have drawn the subject to every media outlet in the American mediasphere. That in turn brings out discussion and understanding. Most might not agree with their methods, but no one wants/ to have their rights truncated. That is not preaching to the wrong crowd, thats just spreading the word. Guess what, it looks like it succeeded too given that the measure has been sent back to the drawing board, thanks to the people who took notice.
:bow: Though I still don't believe that the effects were THAT substantial, I understand it better now.
Thats all anyone ever asks for.
We can agree to disagree.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?