Hacking SOooo, What are the odds of the DS2 working on the 3DS?

ferret7463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main reason i bought the DS2 is so that i can have a game library ready to be played on the new system. I know there is no chance that it will run 3ds games but what are the chances of the DSTWO running it's emulators and media player? I used my X-Rom from my GBA in my DS for a while till they came out with the Slot 1 solutions. I am hoping to do the same with the DS2 on the 3DS.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if DS mode is cracked on the 3DS yes the SCDS2 will be able to play, however playing 3DS roms will need 3DS mode and that might be harder to hack, so we shall see, Super Card team is working on the AP for 3DS i just got a message from Babykane head mod from chinese forums and he said something about that so i dont know if that means they have a 3DS and are trying to hack it or something else but we have some time b4 the 3DS is even out

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Supercard team is fairly sure that the DS2 can run on the 3DS as soon as they crack the DS mode AP on it. Something to do with the DS2's own CPU.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Not good if you consider the following possibility.

Nintendo could permanently block out all current DSi flashcards (DStwo, AK2i, etc.) without any software trickery if they wanted to. Here's how: They could add a switch inside the 3DS's card slot that disables card operation if it is not pressed up by the little plastic ridges in between the connector pins (all retail DS carts have them). As you know, the AK2i has no connector pin ridges and the DStwo has a couple of gaps wide enough for said switch.

I'm not trying to give Nintendo any ideas here, I just hope flashcart manufacturers are prepared for this possibility.
unsure.gif

Noob15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol ya that wat i thought to at first snailface but then i thought like rydian.... ya they wouldn't risk blocking it out like that.

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might need an update to work, since they had to update after the last firmware release on the dsi, but I expect it to be able to work eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt