Gaming Sooo.... Hotel Dusk....

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I've played Hotel Dusk, and I admit the graphics (the 2D, not the 3D) is awesome, and the main story is pretty good too.

What I wonder is, the way the story progress. You gotta poke your nose around other's problem? What is that? Yo gotta know why a mother ran away to find your friend? The hell?

I just saw the most under-rated thread and I saw Hotel Dusk as "a must play for any DS fans" and my brain sopped thinking

I just wanna know what's so good about it. Since alot of people said Hotel Dusk is great and all. I'm pretty confused.

Maybe it's just me? I don't like the story? Whatever can anybody pin point the good points of this game?

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off the top of my head, these are 7 reasons I think Hotel Dusk is a must-have for any DS gamer:

1. Rich, deep story
2. Interesting character development
3. Creative, unique graphics
4. Fairly high level of difficulty
5. Lots of plot twists and turns
6. Good controls and effective use of the stylus/touchscreen
7. It's different from most "shit-ware" put out on the DS

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
I've played Hotel Dusk, and I admit the graphics (the 2D, not the 3D) is awesome, and the main story is pretty good too.

What I wonder is, the way the story progress. You gotta poke your nose around other's problem? What is that? Yo gotta know why a mother ran away to find your friend? The hell?

I just saw the most under-rated thread and I saw Hotel Dusk as "a must play for any DS fans" and my brain sopped thinking

I just wanna know what's so good about it. Since alot of people said Hotel Dusk is great and all. I'm pretty confused.

Maybe it's just me? I don't like the story? Whatever can anybody pin point the good points of this game?

the game is awesome. it might be not the best story, but when you actually finish the game, you get that 'aaaah, i finished a really good game'-relief-feeling. i was hooked on my ds for almost 3 days until i finished it.
trust me, the sidequests make sense when you advance through the story ; D

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just playing this game, and I've just gotten over the part with the girl with the puzzle. (I've just started the game). Really love the art style, although I don't like the graphics, and the fairly slow gameplay.

I also had the urge to post this pic:

hotelduskfunny.jpg

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just feel the same about that game..I started it about two-three times, and can't get myself to really get into it..and I try, I will once, but it's somehow hard to actually play it..

I believe it's a great game, and I love such kind of games (Had really great time playing Trace Memories)..But this game is difficult to start..

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
...my brain sopped thinking...

rolleyes.gif
Yeah...

Anyway, all those characters whose lives you "poke" into, all their stories come together and are connected. That's really what makes it so great, to me at least. You can sense, when you first start the game -- by both the quality of the dialogue and the cleverness of the puzzles -- that the game will take you somewhere interesting. By the time the whole game wraps up, though, the game pretty much has you by the balls...well, tugs at your heart, anyway.

Now, I never could get into the Phoenix Wright series, and generally speaking, I don't care for text adventures too much these days. But Hotel Dusk is a gem, in my opinion.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
irpacynot said:
Raestloz said:
...my brain sopped thinking...

rolleyes.gif
Yeah...

Anyway, all those characters whose lives you "poke" into, all their stories come together and are connected. That's really what makes it so great, to me at least. You can sense, when you first start the game -- by both the quality of the dialogue and the cleverness of the puzzles -- that the game will take you somewhere interesting. By the time the whole game wraps up, though, the game pretty much has you by the balls...well, tugs at your heart, anyway.

Now, I never could get into the Phoenix Wright series, and generally speaking, I don't care for text adventures too much these days. But Hotel Dusk is a gem, in my opinion.

heh my bad, must've forgotten to press "t"
biggrin.gif

They really are connected? I've played up to the point when that... who was it? That ex-street man who brought us our cardboard box? Forgot his name, knows he's being chased by some mafia, or maybe the point when we gotta know what's engraved in a pen? Which one is newer? I forgot.

Up to that point I wonder why the heck a mother running away has a connection with an author, and why these two cases got a connection with a painting forgery, and what it does with an old lady, a young man, a young girl, and a hotel owner.........

Really, maybe I have to see a guide to catch the story, playing it again is not going to happen for me

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, it's meant to be played totally un-understandable in the beginning, so the story could get together while game is played..But it's just hard because there are too many informations at once, and track of characters is actually lost until you play really longer and deeper in the game..

It does look great to me, but it's really hard to start..

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, what is amazing for me with this game is the mystery.
Yes, you really have to poke at everything and everyone in the game, well, they're part of it so they're part of the story, right?

Graphics is nice too, looks classic, but appealing still. I like these types of mystery games, but sometimes, while playing one, i think of finishing this game as soon as possible to move on to the next game.
Its a bad characteristic of a gamer but sometimes i feel like that when playing this genre of games

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, awesome game. At the start I was like: give me some answers already! It doesn't tell you much important stuff for ages. But once you're into the game, you aren't getting away. One of the most intriguing and clever mystery stories ever if you ask me.

flamesmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
I played this game and finished it a year ago when I was 14, I thought it was great, my first experience of Games of that genre other than Phoenix Wright. Hotel dusk can be extremely hard at times.

evadwolrab

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think I've ever finished that girl's puzzle.

So. Damn. Slow.

I like to play my DS for 10 minutes then turn it off. That takes me to about halfway through the conversation with the fat fuck on the front desk.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it to death! It was one of the first games I ever played for the DS. They should make a sequel to the happy ending. Where the main guy and that girl are like trapped in a castle or something.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, while Hotel Dusk is kinda a novel, I like a Harry Potter story than playing as an ex-cop.

The story is too slow and not thrilling. I'm not the kind of person who cares alot about other's hells and heavens, so maybe it's just me.........

I mean, sure, being chased by some ass-mafias is not good, but the way it goes, it's not thrilling anymore. It's like: "Ya, sum mafia 's chasin' me, so, wat 'bout it? Ya got problem wid dat? 'Tis my life homie, so I can go and walk and talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere. Enjoy da life dude, ya can solve the friekin' case tomorrow!"

Really, it's too slow..................
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool