1. Chopipepo

OP Chopipepo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello everyone!
    I just came to this forum to look for tips and suggestions when buying a pre-owned N3DSXL.

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  2. Mythical

Mythical GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I would just buy a special edition of whatever kind you want used. They don't run for much. The best places to pick them up are at local games stores imo. You can buy online but you can't test the product first then unlike in person.

3. Chopipepo

OP Chopipepo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm planning to buy locally from two possible sellers, so I am able to test it before purchasing.

I was thinking of checking the buttons, the touch screen, the charger, and the 3d effects. What else would you recommend to test before buying?

Also, I have pictures/video of both devices. Do you think I could post them to this forum to figure out if they have IPS or TN screens?

Thanks!

Mythical, jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  4. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    If you can access the internet when testing them. View this image on the 3DS browser.

I prefer a TN panel myself because IPS has significant black crush, visible dithering artifacts, and a slower response time. The only "negative" to TN's is the viewing angle. Everything else is a benefit over an IPS. And it's not even a negative unless a person plays their games holding it at some weird sideways angle.

[​IMG]

alexander1970 likes this.
  5. Chopipepo

OP Chopipepo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks, this is very useful. I will consider it when choosing one.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - N3DSXL, owner,