Hacking Soon to be BootMii user

ramidavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You all know about crazy intro, right? Is anybody working on something similar for BootMii?
unsure.gif

If not, could i just install BootMii, and have it autoboot into crazy intro? Would that work?
Any help is apprecaited, Thanks!
smile.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
To boot directly into Crazy Intro you just need to remove or rename the bootmii folder... or for any type of actual autoboot without that 5 seconds delay...

To use preloader along with bootmii you should press and hold reset, then you can configure stuff in preloader.

ps: By the way I wan't to make a version launched directly by bootmii... but at this time there are no documentation or examples
ps2: though feature wise it would just get rid of preloader dependency... otherwise it would work the same...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, if you have preloader and BootMii, then either set BootMii to boot System Menu, rename BootMii folder on SD or just remove SD, and have preloader set to autoboot crazy intro everything should work. So basically you got BootMii > Preloader > Crazy Intro > HBC/System Menu/Channel. I think this would be fine. Or if you have BootMii starting, and not autobooting Preloader, when you select System Menu, it'll load Preloader, and therefore Crazy Intro.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, BootMii for me is just a NAND backup utility, and I take out that SD card with the backup, and for the most part keep in my main card with Crazy Intro (Preloader), and let that do its job. This way I get the best of both worlds, plus there is next to no lag time waiting for BootMii to startup and everything. Works beautifully!

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never had that happen when I installed BootMii (from the installer from the official site). Never once has it done that, it's always gone to this (pic taken from Wiibrew)
bootmii_screenshot.png

It'd be both Awesome (yet annoying when I want to get to my Wii) to have my Wii start up by playing The WORLD by Nightmare, but I do that anyways listening to an MP3 while playing Wii
tongue.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You'll need a combination of bootmii and preloader
set preloader to autoboot to crazy intro
then set bootmii to autoboot to system menu (which will then actually be preloader)

I have a similar setup. First comes the bootmii menu for 5 seconds, then preloader kicks in, starting a forwarder that will load the usb loader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse