The Noob :(
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Friend of mine ordered an Acekard 2 two weeks ago, so It'll be coming any day now. I've been looking around for how to set up AKAIO for it, but I can not find anything saying how to do so! Is there something like this, or should I just ask here?

Thanks in advance!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Download AKAIO and unzip it's content to the root of the microSD/microSDHC. It's not harder than that to get it working.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's separate. You don't need the official firmware to run AKAIO.

However, since AKAIO is based on a slightly older version of the loader than the official firmware, you can put the akmenu4.nds file from the official firmware into the appropriate AKAIO folder (__aio/ak2loader) and it will allow you to use the newer loader.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can use the external loader for any game you want, but of course its main advantage would be for those games that were fixed in the newest official loader (that presumably wouldn't run with the older loader included internally with AKAIO).

-Bri

evilhomura89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Bri said:
It's separate. You don't need the official firmware to run AKAIO.

However, since AKAIO is based on a slightly older version of the loader than the official firmware, you can put the akmenu4.nds file from the official firmware into the appropriate AKAIO folder (__aio/ak2loader) and it will allow you to use the newer loader.

-Bri
i din know we can do that
thanks a lot for the info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.