Soo I bought a PS3...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Lubbo, Jan 11, 2010.

Jan 11, 2010

Soo I bought a PS3... by Lubbo at 6:25 AM (1,661 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. Lubbo
    OP

Member Lubbo GBAtemp Traceur

Australia
    well yea i bought a PS3 off ebay, came with 2 controllers, 3 games and 2 movies i was told the console was 80gb and could play PS2 games sweet....
    low on behold i receive it and it is not as described, broken analogue stick on one of the controllers, 40gb console and it couldn't play PS2 games i was extremely pissed off.
    When i was waiting for the console i rang up wondering where it was so i ask him if he'd sent it and for the registered tracking number, my answer: "o shit mate.... i forgot to post it like that" so the idiot posted it regular. After i had spoken to this guy i said to my family gee this guy sounds a bit dodgy, the PS3 came with no manuals or box and the guy had no idea what sort of console it even was, my bet is he stole the damn thing.
    I sent him an email just before telling him this and made a resolution case through paypal, requesting $150.

What do you guys think im really angry at the moment im thinking about selling it and buying a slim.

2. kalmis

Member kalmis GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Sorry to hear that mate. I would try to get send the console back and get you money refunded.

3. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Just get a slim.

4. misteromar

Member misteromar GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Never buy electronics second hand and especially when they have to go through the mail. You dont know whats happened to them, have they been dropped , mistreated etc. Also people tend to sell this stuff when they start to get errors, etc

5. Nottulys

Member Nottulys GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Get your money back if you can....especially through eBay because I had my sister order me a mem. stick, and when we recieved the card, the copper was hanging out of it and everything, so we go to get a refund, and the seller reports us and gets her account banned...now that was a scam...pissed me off.

Get your money back. fukc eBay.

6. Lubbo
    OP

Australia
    well, he actually replied to my email and is willing to refund some money, i asked for $150 hopefully he accepts

7. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    Wait, you got a PS3 for 150 AU?

Or is that all you're requesting just to be nice?

8. Lubbo
    OP

Australia
    no, he'll give me that money because of the money i lost indirectly to the damaged controller and smaller harddrive

9. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i think you have learned your lesson here, NEVER trust ebay for electrical equipment! not even i use ebay to buy those kind of things.

10. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    I myself, have never bought anything off eBay.

11. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    I only get good electronics from eBay. I haven't bought any systems, but I get games for the DS and they're always fine. I think my M&L: PiT is a counterfeit though. Good thing it still works kinda on a DSLite.

EDIT: Get a slim, because the PS3 is awesome.

12. Dark Blade

Member Dark Blade Flippin' Insane

United Kingdom
    Call the cops.

For fun...[​IMG]

13. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    I use ebay for buying used books only (almost no problems in 4 years [​IMG] )

14. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I use eBay primarely for games that I can't find anywhere else. I wouldn't mind buying electronic devices on it, but a PS3... Seems to risky.

I buy all of my games online from a few great webshops. But even from them, I wouldn't buy a PS3. I just got mine from a good store in the neighbourhood. If anything is wrong with my PS3, I'm sure I'll get a new one without problems.

15. Theraima

Member Theraima I own this desert, bitches!

Finland
    Man that must have been pissing you off..

But I would try to get the money back and sell PS3. Your choice. Good luck!

16. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    anything like ps3 hardware i buy from a highstreet shop, so if there is anything wrong with it i know i will get my money back, plus i won't be scammed, the only thing i use ebay for personally is retro games that you can't buy in normal high street anymore.

17. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I'd request a full refund. That console just sounds dodgy and could in fact be stolen as you said. If you explain things properly and in a rational manner with proof, eBay will normally favour you in a dispute.

18. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy

Ever tried to contact the seller FIRST and try to get a replacement unit or a refund or even additional items sent to you before involving eBay , paypal and such and go into a dispute ?
    Most sellers are very rational and usually agree to exchange and refunds as long as you don't leave a negative feedback ( that would hurt their business ) , just try to talk to the guy first as a rule....
    Leaving a bad feedback without even giving the seller the chance to make it right is not a smart move ...............
    It seems to me that the way it went with the partial refund of your money to make up for the missing features was a reasonable solution.

19. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    Never buy off anyone with under 100% is normally the case

20. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I would only buy from power sellers and if they do have negative feedback then look at it and see if it was there fault or not e.g:

Buyer "you never sent the item I've been waiting for ages"

Seller "I'm extremely sorry but there was a postal strike on and it was out of my jurisdiction"

I have had mostly bad experiences with eBay but they should always be able to give you a refund