Sony's TGS 2015 Conference - Full Recap

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Sep 15, 2015.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    pslogo.jpg

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest announcements and check out the links below to watch the conference live.

Full conference - starts at 30:12

:arrow: Watch Live #1
    :arrow: TGS Official Site

Prans, Sakitoshi and shaunj66 like this.

2. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Yakuza 1 Kiwami, it needed to happen! Great~

EDIT: Wow, PS3 too

3. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    I'll be shitting bricks if Capcom announces a new Megaman game (fat chance). Everything looks good so far. I hope the new Yakuza game comes to the US (including the remake).

4. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Resident Call of dead space halo announced.... hahahahaha are they serious? Capcom... please.... stahp...

T-hug likes this.
  5. soratheultima

soratheultima GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2008
    Gambia, The
    KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 HD IT'S HAPPENING. AQUA IN BEAUTIFUL HD GRAPHICS . OH LAWDY LAWD DDD IN HD AND CHI CUTSCENES

(that name though)

Riyaz likes this.
  6. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Mighty no 9! Cant wait :D

7. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    "I was told to act more excited, I'm here to announce Playstation Now!!!" I can't tell if she was translating the guy on screen or she was really told to act more excited. Either way after the video demo she strangely had more energy.

*EDIT* And they announced a price cut on the day I get a PS4. Thanks Sony :|

Last edited by Vanth88, Sep 15, 2015
  8. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    All I can say is:

[​IMG]

9. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    so ps4 is now $300?

10. MegaAce™

MegaAce™ Steal back your future.

Nov 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    You do know that it's foremost in Japan, probably to get more units sold.

11. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    Yeah in Japan at least. What sucks is that I just bought the Destiny PS4 bundle for $400 so I kind of feel ripped off. It's basically like buying a PS4 and the Destiny bundle separately. On the other hand they announced those pretty sweet controllers. Did you check out that crystal controller? pretty slick Sony.

Yes I'm aware but it's only a matter of time before they do the same here. I'm not complaining though after all I wanted the PS4. I just wished they announced it earlier.

12. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Project Diva Future Tone coming to PS4 and a PS4 price drop. Nice news for me :D
    EDIT: Whoops drunk typing, not PC.

Last edited by GamerzHell9137, Sep 15, 2015
    Terenigma and Sakitoshi like this.
  13. MegaAce™

MegaAce™ Steal back your future.

Nov 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    That could be the case. The console still sold enough for that price outside of Japan, so they might even not change it. Wouldn't be a nice move, but who knows.
    I think the lower price is a incentive for people in Japan to make the jump from PS3 to PS4.

T-hug likes this.
  14. Tex_McBladeSword

Tex_McBladeSword Im Insane! From Earth!

May 16, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I am Needed
    So Gravity Rush finally gets the sequel we were promised like last year, and it's PS4 only. Ugh.

But Dangan Ronpa 3, the hype is real

15. Gilberd

Gilberd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    Taiwan
    Forgot to add that they announced Hatsune Miku Project Diva Arcade Future Tone is being ported to PS4

T-hug likes this.
  16. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    This was a surprisingly strong conference. Good to see some love for the Vita and also new prices for the PS4 (though the console has been going for 300€ and less in Europe for some time (Amazon.de among other places)).

T-hug likes this.
  17. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Jesus that Kingdom Hearts naming. The collection is called "Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue", and it includes Dream Drop Distance HD (okay, I guess), χ Back Cover (what) and Birth by Sleep 0.2 - A Fragmentary Passage - (more weird numbers).

18. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Saw some of the trailers, and probably said most of this on IRC.

For Honor. I have long wanted a nice fighting engine in a 3d action game, this looks like it could be a very big step in that direction.

Just Cause 3 got me excited. I am not sure how much of that camerawork was tweaked into replay cinema cam for the trailer though.

Exist Archive. Yes please. If For Honor has been interested in a fighting engine then this has been actually anticipating something.

Resident Evil Umbrella Corps. I doubt this will be a good game and for some reason many things in it kept seeing me flash back to that Brink game. Hopefully it will at least inspire a mechanic in something else.

Nioh. If it plays remotely well then I am in, I am not seeing any hallmarks of bad game.

Phantasy Star. I do want another RPG and I will probably not be playing this one. However it could be the anti monster hunter and I am OK with that.

I try to comment on gameplay so Saga is out. By similar token I saw 13 Sentinels : Aegis Rim's trailer and can not remember a thing about it 5 minutes later other than mechs which is far from a sure fire thing anyway.

Not a fan of World of Final Fantasy's art style but if could be some gameplay underneath it all that works for me. Guess I will wait and see.

Star Ocean 5 looks like it will be a run of the mill type of game, though Tri-Ace doing run of the mill is by no means bad if you like that sort of thing. When their good gives me Resonance of Fate though...

Gravity Rush 2 has me wondering if it is a bad thing I had not bothered to learn anything about Gravity Rush 1. I have a lot of these types of games to play/finish/play enough to say I have but I will add another like that.

Dark Souls 3 and Boodbourne... I imagine both will be good and I would only really need to comment if there was something that caused some concern, there was not.

I think that is most things I care to see. I am not going to be playing golf game, I will wait on kingdom hearts to see if someone I trust says it has changed from every other one of the games and is actually worth my time now and similar comments for most of the others.

19. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Same here

Vanth88 likes this.
  20. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Now I need a PS4 to play Gravity Rush 2 :(
    Toukiden 2 is open world? what? That sounds like somebody finally tries something new and fresh with the monster hunter formula.
    CAn't wait for the vanillaware game and DQ Builders. Actually I can't wait for pretty much all Vanillaware games.