DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

"According to Yoshida, the memory cards are proprietary to the device rather than just regular SD cards -- likely a move to help avoid easy piracy."[/p]

Shu Yoshida has confirmed that the Sony NGP will utilize a proprietary memory card for storage of downloadable games, music, video, and other media.
In a video interview Yoshida declined to say that it was a Memory stick. This means it may be a whole new format.​

The interview

@ 4:27

icon11.gif
Source

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear Zoa said:
God damnit Sony.....you always gotta make something wrong
angry.gif

How? Nintendo's NDS and 3DS are using proprietary game cards based on neoflash and no one bitches about them. UMDs were the bad idea. If anything sony using their own flash based cards is what should of been done in the first place.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
Fear Zoa said:
angry.gif

How? Nintendo's NDS and 3DS are using proprietary game cards based on neoflash and no one bitches about them. UMDs were the bad idea. If anything sony using their own flash based cards is what should of been done in the first place.
Using them as a game media is fine....I'm referring to actual flash memory (What the memory stick duo was on the old psp)
Even the dsi/3ds is compatible with sd cards ...why you being so suborn Sony?

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:

"According to Yoshida, the memory cards are proprietary to the device rather than just regular SD cards -- likely a move to help avoid easy piracy."[/p]

Shu Yoshida has confirmed that the Sony NGP will utilize a proprietary memory card for storage of downloadable games, music, video, and other media.
In a video interview Yoshida declined to say that it was a Memory stick. This means it may be a whole new format.​

There better be a USB reader for this since I'll need to get the music off my PC to copy to the card also a storage amount of 64GB+ please. Also, I want custom music in the system for all NGP games.

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
Fear Zoa said:
angry.gif

read the post carefully, it concerns proprietary memory cards not game cards.

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
purechaos996 said:
Ugh, Sony's Memory Sticks for the PSP were and still are ridiculously overpriced I hope they dont do the same here...

I have a feeling they will, considering people will be forced to buy their brand of memory cards. Its about monopolizing as much as one can. That's the one of the few things I don't like about sony, their proprietary mem cards.

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
QUOTE said:
NGP will also support general memory cards, a Sony representative told Impress. Specific formats were not mentioned. The site did not make clear what "support" means.

Source: Andriasang

Hopefully that's good news for some of you.

Thanks for the link, great info, too bad it seems NGP will not have video out, lame!!!

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do have to do so many shitty things to their consoles all it does is make me want to hack their deceives so I can use them how I want.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Oh wow, who saw THIS one coming?
I did. Sony is all about proprietary software. Sony's biggest failure was their best lesson. Betamax. The greater the control, the bigger the monopoly.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fireballo said:
Why do have to do so many shitty things to their consoles all it does is make me want to hack their deceives so I can use them how I want.

Companies and corporations want control over their products. They want it to be their game for how you use your money and time. Anything not netting them a dollar is a threat. The problem with this mentality is the methods that they support this desire creates an annoyed userbase. I don't think memory cards are bad, but I wonder if they're going to make it harder to hack with this move.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over